Tech Tips #2.23
Week of February 16, 2015
What are Google Alerts?
Google Alerts allows you to specify a topic and Google will send you an email when there are new results for your search. You can stay current without having to complete a search repeatedly.
How can I use Google Alerts in the classroom?
- Specialized topics for classroom discussion
- Current event notifications about a given topic
- Student research for any content area
- Keeping track of your digital footprint by making an alert on your name
- Monitoring a developing news story
1. Go to Google.com/alerts.
Make sure you are logged into your Google Account.
2. In the "Create an alert about..." box, type in search terms.
3. Click the "Show options" link.
4. Customize your alert using the options listed.
5. Click the CREATE ALERT button.
6. The alert will stay on your account until you choose to delete it. You can delete an alert by clicking on the Delete button.
7. To edit the alert options, click the Edit button.
NOTE: Create more alerts by repeating the steps from above.
How to Use Google Image Search for Better Results
GCCISD Educational Technology
We are here to help! Contact us!
Lori Roberts - REL Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Regina Rogers - GCM Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Robyn Sewell - RSS Feeder Ed Tech Specialist