The School Scoop
Never stop learning because life never stops teaching.
January 29, 2016
- Tuesday, February 2 - Free health screenings in the teacher's lounge from 7-8 AM. Please see Nurse Adams if you are interested.
- Tuesday, February 2- Library renovation meeting with 6/8th grade during advisory
- Wednesday, February 3- STAAR Oath and Confidentiality Training for all staff at 7:35 sharp!
- Wednesday, February 3- Library renovation meeting with 6/8th grade during advisory
- Friday, February 5- STAR Recess/ Gym time during advisory
- Wednesday, February 10- Math PLC
- Wednesday, February 10- Building Leadership Team meeting at 3:45 in the library
- Thursday, February 11- UIL Writing
- Thursday, February 11- TELPAS Rater Training (for select individuals)
- Friday, February 12- Lisa Dietz Tech trainings
- Friday, February 12- School Dance- 5/6- 5:30-7:00, 7/8- 7:30-9:00
The annual parent survey was sent out on Wednesday. So far we have only had 38 people respond. I found mine in my spam folder, and you may as well. Below is the link:
PLC Agenda Reminder
Students Utilizing Remind
Quote of the Week
Stay focused on the things that make a difference!
Great Teaching Strategy That Can Be Used in Any Subject Area
A Little STAAR Humor for You.
If you have not submitted your "One Word" that you want to be your focus for this year, please do so.
- Awesome job on bus duty! I have noticed you guys being there and being there on time. Thank you for making it a priority!
- Shout out to Amy Long and Lindsey Boevers for the great job they are each doing in their new roles.
- Shout out to our instructional aides who are always flexible in covering wherever they are needed. We appreciate you guys and your "whatever is best for kids" attitude!
- Shout out to our parking lot duty folks (Steve Dickinson, Corey Adams, Amy Steindorf, and Cammi Bruton), who do a great job out there keeping our students safe no matter the weather!
Teacher of the Month
Click this button to access the TOT form. Be sure to plan ahead so you can see a great lesson, rather than cramming something in last-minute and not getting to see an ideal lesson.
Staff, please nominate your Teacher of the Month candidate no later than Tuesday, February 2nd.