Bridge Valley's Mid-Month News & Notes
July 31, 2013
Classroom Assignments for 13-14
Teacher assignments will be available via Parent Portal tomorrow, August 1st. By now you should have checked to be sure you are registered and ready to log into the system.
Please remember: We will not be honoring requests for changes to your child(ren)’s placement(s).
Feel free to click here for the current staff directory for the 13-14 school year. Please note that some staff have not been finalized as of yet. Changes/additions will be updated on the site as soon as they occur.
Summer Teacher Letters
Teacher letters will be posted on the website, not mailed. After you sign on to Parent Portal to find out student placement(s) on August 1st, you will be able to click on the “Teacher Websites” tab of the BV website to view the teacher’s welcome letter(s). They are posted on each teacher's class webpage. Please note that a couple of our teachers were only hired as recently as late last week so their websites and letters may still be forthcoming.
Are You Interested in Being a Classroom Coordinator?
Are you interested in being a Classroom Coordinator? We need volunteers to help in our classrooms for parties and grade level events. Please read the following and let us know if you are willing to lend a hand.
As a CC, you provide a valuable service for our school. We appreciate the time and effort you put into this role. Your impact on an individual child, or a group of students, is important. The job of the Classroom Coordinator is to serve as a liaison between the teacher and the volunteers for class events. Your Team Coordinator is available to answer any questions you may have.
Classroom Coordinators are randomly selected to support and assist the teacher in the following ways:
- Develop Party List of Volunteers and send list to Team Coordinator at least one week prior to the party
- Organize parties and send Party Plan and list of volunteers to teacher one week prior to party. The party dates and times for the 2013-2014 school year are as follows:
- Halloween Party – Thursday, October 31, 2013 from 1:45 – 2:45PM. Parade will be at 9:30AM.
- Winter Party – Friday, December 20, 2013 from 1:45 – 2:45PM
- End of Year Party – Last week of school….determined by Grade Level and Classroom Coordinators
- Organize Classroom Volunteers
- Help to Coordinate Volunteers for Building-Wide events, when needed
- Assist with Coordinating Photographers for events
- Assist teacher with any other requests or needs they may have
- Communicate appropriate information to parents regarding class events
- Coordinate teacher gifts (if/when appropriate)
If you are interested in helping out in your child’s classroom as the Classroom Coordinator, please go to the following link to sign up by WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14TH:
Reminders for the Start of the Year...
- The first day of school for students is Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 we will have our “Kindergarten Welcome” at 1:00PM (for AM Kindergarten) and 2:30PM (for PM Kindergarten) in the school cafeteria. All Bridge Valley kindergarteners are invited to this event. Kindergarten students will meet their teachers, visit their classrooms, and take a practice ride on a school bus. It will last approximately one hour. Please note that this is a kindergarten only event.
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013 from 2:30PM-4:30PM is also “Visit Bridge Valley Day” for grades 1-6. At this time students and parents will have an opportunity to locate their new classrooms and/or familiarize themselves with the school.
Grade level supply lists are posted on the BV webpage. Click here to access the page. If you already ordered your supply kit through the H&S Supply Kit Sale, they will be available for pickup at our Open House on Wednesday, August 28th from 2:30PM-4:30PM. If you are unable to attend Open House, the kit will be placed in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) for the first day of school.
Cafeteria Update - Cashless Lunches!
This year, our cafeteria would like to go "cashless" to promote a more efficient lunch line process. Aramark is encouraging families to use myschoolbucks.com to add money to student lunch accounts and we will also try to have teachers send down the any lunch money in an envelope before lunch service each day. We are asking that if you do not use the online myschoolbucks.com payments, that you please submit any money (preferably checks only) in an envelope with your child's name, grade and teacher listed on the front. Your help with this is greatly appreciated and should facilitate a faster lunch line.
Any questions, Aramark can be reached at: 267-893-5750
Dates that Rate!!!
Please be sure to click here for the school calendar of upcoming events...
Home & School Information
Our officers for the 2013-2014 School Year are as follows:
- Mrs. Jennifer Duffy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Laurie Landis - email@example.com
- Mrs. Jodi Snyder - firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Staff Representative
- Mrs. M. Kate Tate - email@example.com
Support Staff Representative
- Mrs. Marty Lanza - firstname.lastname@example.org
9/11 Heroes Run
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
Please join Central Bucks School District in supporting the 9/11 Heroes Run. Registration is now open for the September 15th event. Doylestown borough will once again host a 5k and 1 mile fun walk/run to raise support and awareness for all of the heroes of September 11th.
SCHOOL BOARD BRIEFS
At the July 23, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Approved the School Board Minutes - June 11, 2013 and July 3, 2013.
2. Approved the appointment of David Weitzel, Ed.D. as Acting Superintendent effective immediately.
3. Received the IU Board and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved the creation of a Long Term Capital Reserve Fund and the transfer of $8,000,000 from the General Fund into it.
5. Approved the Treasurer’s Report, Ratification of Investments for the Month of June, and Budgetary Transfers.
6. Approved the purchase of ten school buses (5 new 77-passenger buses, 4 smaller special needs buses, and 1 wheelchair equipped bus).
7. Approved the school boundary assignments for new housing developments in Warrington Township.
The administration is recommending the attendance boundaries for Mill Creek
Elementary and Unami Middle School be amended to include the following housing developments that are currently in the Titus Elementary and Tamanend Middle School attendance boundary:
· Oak Creek development, located near County Line Road and Folly Road
· Warrington Glen development, located near Street Road and Folly Road
· Illg’s Tract development, located near Bradley Road, Illg Road, and Folly Road
The following three new housing developments that are currently in the Titus Elementary and Tamanend Middle School attendance boundary are not recommended for inclusion in the Mill Creek Elementary and Unami Middle School attendance boundary:
· Penn Rose Walk development, is located near Titus Elementary
· Roosevelt Court development, is located near Titus Elementary
· Warrington Meadows development, located near County Line Road and Folly Road currently has 7 students attending Titus Elementary
8. Terminated the contract to Centre Point for concrete wall modification at CB West in the amount of $27,800. In August this project will be rebid.
9. Accepted the Fact-Finders Report and Approved the settlement of the Transportation Contract effective July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2016.
10. Tabled School Board Policy #530 – Overtime, so that the proposed policy can be posted on the CBSD website.
11. Approved the 2013-2014 District Goals.
12. Approved various personnel items, tuition student, foreign exchange students, student trips, and staff conferences/workshops.
13. Received the 2012-2013 Semi-Annual Rating of Elementary and Secondary Temporary Professional Employees as an information item.