Texan Math News
December 1, 2014
12/2: Technology "Lunch and Learn" with Jennifer Evans
- Topic: "Zany Web 2.0 Tools
- Room 307
- Link to register: Click here to register for Zany Web 2.0 Tools.
12/11: DMS Spelling Bee; During 1st Period in the "Texan Room"
**********Winter Break December 22 - January 2***********
TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
Lesson Plan Expectations:
What NON-NEGOTIABLES are to be in EVERY lesson plan?
- ACE Strategies
- Key Questioning
- Academic Vocabulary
- Content ("I Can") AND Language Objectives ("I Will")
Copy lesson plans from TEAM PLANNER into INDIVIDUAL PLANNERS
- Plans should be in TEAM PLANNERS every Friday
- Plans should be in INDIVIDUAL PLANNERS the Wednesday BEFORE the week the lessons are taught.
**If feedback was given, the plans in the Individual Planner are to reflect any modifications/changes recommended. **
DISTRICT LESSON PLAN SUBMISSION & REVIEW:
Plans for the following weeks should already be in Eduphoria:
- December 1-December 5
- December 8-December 12
Plans to be reviewed on Friday, December 5th:
- December 15-December 19.
Teachers should be adding at least 5 new vocabulary terms EVERY week, and should be referencing them throughout the lesson.
- It is a CAMPUS & DISTRICT EXPECTATION for Word Walls to be UP and UPDATED in all classrooms.
- Word Walls should be cumulative of concepts/units previously taught and being taught currently.
- Vocabulary included on the word walls should be referred to daily, throughout your lesson(s).
Strategies for Teaching Academic Vocabulary (covered in Academic Vocab PLC)
- Word Wall Centers (Spin-A-Word)
- Paraphrasing Pyramid
- Compare-Contrast using Venn Diagram
Upcoming PLC Dates
- Bring PLD folders
12/11: PLC "Academic Vocabulary"
- Bring 15 samples of student work showing their knowledge of academic vocabulary
ACE (Active Cognitive Engagement)
RTI (Response-to-Intervention) 12/1 - 12/5
Objectives covered during RTI Interventions are based on data from Unit Assessments.
Equations and Inequalities
Pythagorean Theorem Application