Mental Illness Project
What is Oppositional Defiant
The Symptoms for Oppositional Defiant
- Unusually quick to lose his temper
- Ignores or rebels against rules, at home or at school
- Quick to blame others for mistakes or misbehavior
- Prone to annoy others and be easily annoyed himself
- Disruptive behavior appears to be intentional rather than impulsive
- Refuses to cooperate reflexively—even before he knows what is being asked.
things you should now about Based his rule on legalist teachings
Treatment of ODD may include: Parent Management Training Programs to help parents and others manage the child’s behavior. Individual Psychotherapy to develop more effective anger management. Family Psychotherapy to improve communication and mutual understanding. Cognitive Problem-Solving Skills Training and Therapies to assist with problem solving and decrease negativity. Social Skills Training to increase flexibility and improve social skills and frustration tolerance with peers.
Primary care provider (PCP): Prevents, diagnoses, and treats diseases.
Clinical psychologist: Treats mental disorders primarily with talk therapy.
Psychiatrist: Treats mental disorders primarily with medications.
Pediatrician: Provides medical care for infants, children, and teenagers.
Consult a doctor for medical advice
Sources: Mayo Clinic and others.
resources where teenagers can get help
Among adolescents, psychotherapy (talk therapy), social-skills training, vocational training, and help with academics can help reduce disruptive behavior.
Website : http://www.teentreatmentcenter.com
Phone Number:Call (877) 960-1422 for more help.