Mid April Update
Dear Inlet View Parents, Guardians, and Students
This is a short update to keep you informed on the next upcoming activities. Please make sure you read about the following topics.
- Evacuation to alternate location
- Chromebooks return dates
- Yearbook Orders
- Salmon Run Registration
Evacuation to Alternate Location (Anchorage Lutheran Church)
We will be performing the annual evacuation to the church next Thursday, April 22nd in the afternoon (between 1:00 and 2:45). Teachers and Staff are aware of the modifications due to COVID and they will be followed by all faculty members. Two major points of the new plan are,
1. We will not be entering the church. Instead, we will have the class pods stage in the Church parking lot.
2. We will not be having classes walking 2x2 or holding hands
3. All students and faculty will wear masks all the time
ALL Chromebooks MUST be returned to school
Elementary students attending in-person instruction and who have an ASD Chromebook checked out to them will be asked to return the device to their school starting May 3.
Students in the virtual program will be asked to return their device by the end of the school year, UNLESS:
1) they are attending summer school, or
2) they will be enrolled in the virtual program next year.
Every elementary student who has been issued a District Chromebook and is attending classes in person. (Students in the virtual program will be handled separately.)
- Students will need to return their Chromebooks and ALL power cords.
- Any Chromebooks not returned by May 7 will be remotely disabled on May 17.
Chromebooks will be collected between May 3 - 7.
Send the device (s) and power cords to school with your child the week of May 3-7 to be returned to their classroom teacher.
*Our goal is to be 1-1 (one student per device) for the next school year. The IT department needs to upgrade ALL devices over the summer.
* We need your help returning all chromebooks so students can have a device ready for them next school year.
Thank you for your continuous support.
Order your Yearbook NOW! Deadline is next week.
Inlet View Mission Statement
Inlet View Elementary focuses on the development of the whole child as a knowledgeable inquirer, both in the classroom and abroad. We aim to develop caring, respectful, and mindful people who recognize their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet.
We will empower students to successfully solve real world problems and strengthen their enjoyment of working towards a goal. We will facilitate learning and support all students so they become compassionate, engaged life-long learners, who help to create a more caring and peaceful world.