October 28, 2021
¿Necesita traducción? Haga clic en el enlace "Traducir Newsletter" a la derecha (cuando haya iniciado sesión en una computadora) para seleccionar su idioma. Para traducir desde su dispositivo móvil, haga clic en el icono de la persona y seleccione su idioma.
Cần dịch? Nhấp vào liên kết "Dịch Bản tin" ở bên phải (khi đăng nhập vào máy tính) để chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn. Để dịch từ thiết bị di động của bạn, hãy nhấp vào biểu tượng hình người và chọn ngôn ngữ của bạn.
Нужен перевод? Щелкните ссылку «Перевести информационный бюллетень» справа (при входе в систему на компьютере), чтобы выбрать свой язык. Чтобы перевести с мобильного устройства, щелкните значок человека и выберите свой язык.
- 29th - Character Dress Up Day *
- 29th - OSHU COVID Tests go home *
- 30th - Haunted Hallway... with a twist *
- 1st - COVID Tests Returned *
- 1-29 Read-A-Thon *
- 5th - OSHU COVID Tests go home *
- 8th - COVID Tests Returned *
- 9th - National Microtia Awareness Day (Info next week)
- 11th - Veteran's Day, Schools Closed
- 12th - Grading Day, No School
- 19th - OSHU COVID Tests go home *
- 22nd - COVID Tests Returned *
- 24-26 - Schools Closed
- 29th - Staff Development, No School
- 30th - PTO Meeting, 7:00 pm
* See detailed information below
Hearing Screening Postponed
OHSU COVID-19 Screening Starts Tomorrow
We will be sending home Test-kits with students who have enrolled in the OHSU COVID-19 Screening Program. You will receive a sheet of labels printed with your child's name and birthdate, detailed instructions of how to administer the test, and the test-kit.
If you have signed your child up and do not receive a test-kit tomorrow, it is because you signed up after the original due date. Depending upon the date you turned in the permission form, you will be receiving a test-kit in the coming weeks.
Every Friday that there is school, we will send home a test kit
- Please administer the test on Monday morning before having breakfast or brushing teeth.
- Please affix one label to the vial and one label to the biohazard bag.
- Please ensure the student's name and birthdate are easily visible.*Send the test-kit back on Monday morning with your student. Test-kits that arrive late (after 9:00am), unfortunately, must be thrown out.
Links to instructions:
Read-A-Thon Starts Tomorrow
Book Character Dress Up Day & Read-A-Thon
We’re kicking-off the Read-A-Thon with Character Dress Up Day TOMORROW!
How Read-A-Thon Works:
10/29 Character Dress Up Day! Join the fun and dress like your favorite Book Character!
10/29 – 11/28 Students ask family and friends to sponsor them during the Read-A-Thon.
10/29 – 11/27 Read, Read, Read and Record your minutes!
11/28 Students collect donations.
11/29 Students turn in any cash or check donation envelopes.
12/6 - 12/10 Prizes are distributed.
All Reading Outside of School Counts!
● Homework reading counts!
● Reading-to-self counts!
● Getting read to by someone else counts!
● Reading aloud to other people counts. If you happen to read to someone who is also participating in the Read-A-Thon, it counts for both of you!
How To Donate:
100% of Bethany’s Fall Fundraiser Supports the BSPTO which supports our students and staff. Cash or check donations should be placed in an envelope and labeled with the child’s name and their teacher’s name. Turn in all money by November 29th. Please make checks payable to BSPTO.
We are teaming up with 99 Pledges! This online school fundraising platform lets you donate with a credit card or your PayPal account. Log in here: https://app.99pledges.com/fund/BSPTOread2021/addme
Create your 99 Pledges profile. You will be brought to an Add Participant page. Enter each child as a participant along with your email address. In the Group drop down, select your child’s teacher. And you are set!
Haunted Hallway... with a twist
This year we’ll be holding the Haunted Hallway as an outdoor event under the covered area in the back of the school on Saturday October 30th from 6:30 to 7:30pm! Help the 5th Graders have an awesome end of year party! Bring cash to enter into raffles for over 10 cool prizes. Entry to the event is free. Masks are required. This is not a drop-off event. Children must be supervised by an adult. No exceptions.
Attention 5th Grade Parents
Option School/Program Application Process
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now available.
Students may only select one Learning Option school on their application. They should give careful consideration to their choice of school. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
The following are the option schools/programs available:
- Arts and Communication Magnet Academy (ACMA)
- Beaverton Academy of Science and Engineering (BASE)
- International School of Beaverton (ISB)
- Rachel Carson Program of Environmental Science at Cedar Park Middle School
Applications must be received online or in the Learning Options office no later than Friday, December 10 at 4:00 p.m. Visit the Learning Options webpage for more information.
********** PTO Updates **********
Chipotle Fundraiser November 2nd
Guac on! Take the night off from making dinner and support the school by ordering from Chipotle! Stop in or order online Tuesday, November 2nd from 4 to 8pm at the Tanasbourne Chipotle.
If you order online make sure to use the code 7EK38H8. If you order in store make sure to show the flyer! 33% of event sales will be donated to the BSPTO.
2048 NE STUCKI AVE, HILLSBORO, OR, 97124
November PTO Meeting
* * * * * * Reminders & Repeats * * * * * *
Help Us Purchase School Supplies
Here are the instructions to follow, once you are in the system:
- Click on your student’s name
- Click on school Items
- Click on the correct grade
- Click on school supplies
If your child is presenting with any of the following primary COVID symptoms, a staff member will accompany your child to the school isolation room:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- a New Loss of taste or smell
Students with primary COVID symptoms, will need to have proof of a negative COVID test, or a Doctor's note, or quarantine for 10 days to return to school.