This Week at Windsor 5.14.2021
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
We hope you had a wonderful week, please see below for important end-of-year information. Please check at home for any library books that you may have laying around, they are due back to the LMC by Friday, May 21st.
Senior Walk: On Wednesday, June 2nd at 2:30 we will be hosting our annual Senior Walk for the Windsor class of 2014! Our students will line our property and cheer on former Windsor students that will be graduating from high school this year as they parade by. Please send your child to school in Windsor Spirit Wear Gear.
Register for the 2021-22 School Year: Please remember to register your children for the upcoming school year. Registration is currently live online at www.s25.org. New residency documents are required if there is a change of address for current students. New students attending next August, must also provide proof of residency.
Zooming: Just to clarify, we will not approve zooming into classrooms for students/siblings until we receive a positive Covid test or our nurse has recommended quarantine due to the close contact of a positive Covid case. Reminder, it may take up to one school day for the teachers to set up technology and have materials ready for pick up in the vestibule. Many of our classrooms do not have remote students.
From our Front Office:
- We are having a lot of students coming in asking for a new mask, if you could please send an extra mask in your child's backpack that would be fantastic!
- If you are planning to move prior to the end of the school year or over the summer, please let the office know. Parents will need to sign a Release of Records form, available in the Windsor office and turn in all tech devices before the District can release student records to the new school district
- If students will be leaving before the official last day of school, June 11, please let the office know.
- Missing student items currently in the Lost and Found must be picked up by Friday, June 4. After that date, the items left will be donated.
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend,
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- Wednesday, May 19th- Switch Day, Friday Schedule
- Friday, May 21st- Library books are due back to our LMC
- Monday, May 31st- No School, Memorial Day
Order 2021/22 School Supplies Online
It's that time of year to order school supply kits for next year! This year Windsor families can select SCHOOL DELIVERY or HOME DELIVERY through 1st Day School Supplies. Online orders are due by July 1, 2021.
Link to Order: https://1stday.sale/35993
SCHOOL DELIVERY: School supply kits will be placed in your child’s classroom by the first day of school.
HOME DELIVERY: School supply kits will be mailed to your home via FedEx at least 2 weeks before the first day of school. Costs include additional $6 shipping charges.
Note: A portion of sales benefits the Windsor PTA! When ordering, please review and make sure you are ordering the correct grade for your child and save your email confirmation for receipt. Also, kits do not include headphones. Please plan to reuse or purchase headphones separately if requested by your student’s grade level.
COMING SOON – Official Windsor Elementary School 2021-22 Supply List as posted on https://www.sd25.org/Page/623
You are also welcome to purchase school supplies on your own.
Mrs. Stella's Station
Notes from the Health Office...
We are seeing an uptick in illness and seasonal allergies. These health issues often have the same symptoms of COVID. If your child has symptoms of COVID they can be tested in our COVID 19 testing clinic free of charge at Thomas Middle School from 3-4:30 every school day! You must make an appointment for your child (only for students in district #25 that have symptoms).
Here is the link:
Please remember to keep your child home from school and any siblings that have any COVID symptoms and contact me (your school nurse).
Thank you again for partnering with us to continue to keep Windsor School a safe place for everyone!
Darlene Carpenter, RN
Windsor School Nurse
The State of Illinois is approved to provide new Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Program (P-EBT) benefits to all eligible Illinois Students. If you feel you may qualify but have not already completed a Household Eligibility Application to determine eligibility for free or reduced meal status, please submit one immediately. Applications can be downloaded from the district website or pick up an application from your child's school.
Please read the attached letter for more information.
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.