Exotic Animals- Tigers
Why are tigers endangered?
- The biggest reason that tigers are endangered is the buying and selling of tiger body parts for money.
- People poach and break the law and kill wild tigers.
- Some people use the tiger bones for medicine.
- Also, people are taking the land where tigers live.
How can we save tigers?
- People around the world are working hard to save tigers from becoming extinct.
- Tigers are wild. The government began a program called Project Tiger in 1973. Tigers is the most famous wildlife conservation project in India. The program was started to protect tigers in India.
- In Russia, poachers are fined $20,000 for killing tigers.