Levels of Government
By the end of today's lesson I will:
1) Know why Canada has three levels of government.
2) know what each level of government is responsible for.
3) Complete an "In the news today" review of a current article.
Task #1: View and Respond:
Record the video title into your notebook and the four questions. Leave a couple spaces for your responses. As you watch the video record your responses to the four questions in your notebook. Once you have completed your responses, share your findings with a partner.
RMR| Rick Mercer Report
While watching the two short Rick Mercer Report video clips below, complete the following questions:
1. Who is mentioned in this clip? What does this clip tell you about the people mentioned?
2. What was the message behind his "rant" or clip?
3. What did you learn about politics from this rant?
4. Did you agree with this message? Provide 2 points.
RMR| Two weeks til the election
RMR| Rick's Rant Vote!
Task #2 Canadian Constitution
Task #3: Who does what?
Task #4: Traditions of our Parliamentary System
Read pages 47-50 of the textbook.
Define the following terms:
Answer questions the following questions on page 50: