Madrona February Newsletter
February 2nd, 2023
Hello Madrona Community,
- Restorative Justice Practices with an emphasis around empathy and loving engagement
- Exploring our collective diversity and its impact on equity and fairness.
- Embracing and acknowledging our gender identity
- Understanding the power of our intergenerational community
- Learning about the influence of Hidden Figures in our American History
There will be three assemblies this month.
- Our first assembly will be on Friday, February 3rd at 1:20 pm with Seattle JazzEd. This will be a whole school event in the cafeteria.
- Our second assembly will be our Black History Month Assembly on Friday, February 17th @ 1:30 pm in the cafeteria. During this assembly, our 5th graders will be our MCs as well as giving presentations, the Madrona choir will be singing two songs, and Ms. Lopez's 4th graders will be performing a play.
- Our third assembly will be a lovely performance by the Fifth Avenue Theatre on February 28th @ 1:00 pm.
Class Picture Day will occur on February 16th. Students are not required to wear uniforms. Please use the attached link to order pictures:
Our annual literacy Night is scheduled for Thursday, February 16th from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Come join us for dinner (pizza, salad, and cookies), fun literacy activities, and receive more information on how to support your scholar with literacy skills at home.
Mid-Winter break will occur during the week of February 20th - 24th. Please make accommodations for your scholars this week.
As always, thank you for your continued support! We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming schoolwide events.
Smart Watches and Bluetooth Audio Devices
Thank you for your support.
WE NEED YOU!!!
Hello Everyone,This year, we are so thankful to be able to have families back in the building supporting teaching and learning. If you have it in your heart and the time available, please consider volunteering and supporting our community.
We need support in the following areas:
* Before School, Breakfast Support
* Office Support
* Afterschool Dismissal support
* Multi-Cultural Night - March 16th
* Math Night - April 27th
* Scholastic Book Fair - May 1st - May 5th
* Field Day - Week of June 22nd
Please connect with Ms. Shai or Ms. Ebony if you are interested.
Ms. Ebony - firstname.lastname@example.org
Message from our Building Coordinator
I am the Building Coordinator, and I am here to support in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. My preferred method of contact is by email: email@example.com.
Cub Scouts @ Madrona
Please RSVP by calling Ms. Ebony at (206)252-3104.
Principal Carter & Mr. Kirk
Class Picture Day - February 16th
Please use the attached link and follow the steps below.
1. Select the October 2022 Gallery
2. Online Code: enter your student's school ID number
3. Enter your email address
For more information, please call the main office at (206)252-3100
PTSA Shirt Fundraiser
- Kid's shirts $10
- Adult Shirts $15
Sales will take place in our Madrona Elementary Library - Fridays in February from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- February 3rd
- February 10th
- February 17th
Upcoming Events at Madrona
- 2/3 – Fresh Fruits & Vegetable Program Visit (Cafeteria during lunch)
- 2/3 – Seattle JazzEd Assembly - 1:15pm in Cafeteria
- 2/6 – Week of Action Begins
- 2/8 – Staff Appreciation Lunch – Sponsored by our 3rd Grade Families
- 2/9 – Instructional Cogen (Whole School)
- 2/14 – PTSA Meeting @ 6:00 pm
- 2/16 – Picture Day (Class Pictures) Free Dress Day
- 2/16 – Literacy Night @ Madrona – 5:30 pm
- 2/17 – Black History Month Assembly @ 1:30 pm
- 2/19 - Mid-Winter Break Begins (No School)
- 2/27 - Spirit Week, Free Dress Week
- 2/28 - 5th Avenue Theatre - Where Great Musicals Are Born @ 1:00 pm