Balclutha Primary School - T4 Wk 4
Newsletter 12 November 2021
Welcome to the end of Week 4. With just over four weeks to the end of the school year, we are almost half way through the term.
With the beautiful Summer weather, we have been enjoying this week, the staff have been reviewing our SunSafe procedures.
Sun hats are a compulsory part of our school uniform in terms 1 and 4. I have been very impressed by the way all our students have been wearing their sun hats when they are outside. Thank you to our seniors who have been terrific role models with this.
All the classrooms now have sunblock available. If your child has an allergy to some kinds of sunblock, you are welcome to send a named bottle to school, which can be kept in the classroom for their personal use, or alternatively, encourage your child to put sunblock on before leaving home in the morning.
We also need to ensure that our students stay hydrated. Under level 2, we are unable to operate the school drinking fountains, so please make sure your child has a named drink bottle every day.
Hopefully we are going to have a long, hot Summer and we can practise our sun safe skills everyday!
Ngā mihi nui,
Room 6's Collaborative Art
Room 12 has been enjoying the swimming opportunities.
If you would like to pay online - please pay into our bank account 02-0900-0000452-00.
- Sophia-Rose Brown - for settling into school extremely well! You are a role model to your classmates.
- Arron Sell - for outstanding work in maths and in his assessment.
- Jacob Hore - Jacob is gradually pushing himself to sound out unfamiliar words in writing. I love how he is challenging himself!
- Zayden Young - for always offering to help and his amazing leadership skills with Room 1 and 2.
- Keith Butcher - for always trying his best and his fantastic leadership skills with Room 1 and 2!
- Amalaini Coriakula - for working well with her class peers. Amalaini settles quickly to her work.
- Adeline Jamieson - for always being a pleasant class member who is always on task.
- McKenzie Munro - for being a conscientious worker. McKenzie is a pleasant class member.
- Charlie Walker - for making good choices, solving problems and staying on task.
- Blake Galbraith - for knowing what to do, doing it and making good choices.
- Paige McPhee - for working hard at every task and helping others and for showing integrity.
- Paris Au Yeung - for knowing what to do, when to do it and how to do it. You have a positive attitude.
- Ollie Sapstead - for demonstrating empanthy and respect towards others.
- Rylie Laes - for effot and success in maths.
- Caleb Mikaele Tanuvasa - for stepping up and taking charge when we delivered the canoes to the pool. You were a great help Caleb. Thank you.
- Maddox Young - for always being respectful and responsible. Your drive and determination to learn is always noticed.
- Matthew Hudson - for a mature and positive attitude to his learning.
- Olivia Ludemann - for maintaining focus and drive in the final weeks of her primary school days.
Webinar Available "What is Trauma" 19 November, 2021. Details on how to register on link below.
- School Saveloys, sport fees and all camp fundraising - 02 0900 0000 452 00
- Whānau and School, fundraising, school uniforms (2nd hand and new) -
- 03 1734 0006449 00