BAMS Staff Newsletter
February 23rd, 2014 - Volume 1, Issue 20
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO
By the end of the 2013-2014 school year, 100% of an identified population of struggling readers in 6th-8th grade will increase their Reading RIT score on the May MAP assessment.
I will be making some adjustments to our building SLO. I feel that this goal is too narrow and needs to be more broad. I really like the idea of this being a pilot year because the vision for these goals is becoming much clearer as we learn and experience more. Look for an updated goal soon.
Out of the Office
- February 25th - Admin Meeting - DMR - 9-10:30am
News and Notes
- The Forensics competition has been rescheduled for February 27th. Thank you to those of you that are volunteering your rooms for the event.
- Final requisitions need to be turned in by April 11th so materials are paid for with this year's budget. Please let me know if there are needs that you have.
- A date for our 3rd Quarter Pep Assembly has been set - March 26th. At this Pep Assembly we will give out the BAMS Medal of Excellence for 3rd quarter and have our Faculty vs. Students basketball game. Dust off those hoops shoes and get ready for some March Madness!
- I have received WKCE results for individual students. I am still in the process of analyzing the data, but if you have a need to see a score, please stop down in the office. Keep in mind that these results are embargoed for a while longer and are for our eyes only at this point.
- Thank you in advance for the time you will put in during Parent/Teacher Conferences. The PTO will be providing food for both nights. Awesome! Please let me know if you would like me to attend any conferences. I'd be happy to do so. We don't get many opportunities to have families in our building to talk about the progress of their child. These are really important nights to promote ourselves and our school.
- School Safety - The Safety Summit in West Bend was a nice remind to reflect about our current safety practices in our district. We will be having another safety lockdown drill sometime in March. The current plan is to have the drill before the next Early Release and then be able to spend some time during Early Release to debrief about the drill. More information will be coming out soon.
- Our SWIS data is showing that one of our top negative behaviors that we are seeing so far this year is technology violations. This is not totally surprising given we have never had so much technology in our building. Please continue to support our students and conduct regular fidelity check of school devices.
- If at any time you need behavioral data on a student, please speak with Brandon. He would be happy to get you any data you need.
- Next Meeting - February 26th at 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
- Documentation Log - Due May 1st
- 2nd Observation - Due Before May 1st
- End of Year SLO Review - Due by May 15th
- SLO Score Report - Due by May 31st
- 2 visits to another classroom - Due by the End of the Year
Dates to Remember
- February 24th-27th - OZONE Schedule - Olympic Games
- February 24th - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 3-7pm
- February 24th - Board Meeting - DMR - 7pm
- February 25th - Staff Meeting - DMR - 2:50-3:15pm
- February 26th - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 3-6:30pm
- February 28th - Pep Assembly Schedule - Hockey Championship Games
Staff Meeting Agenda
Next Staff Meeting: February 25th, 2014 - 2:50-3:15pm
Agenda: Reflections from WSRA (Wisconsin State Reading Convention
- The team that went to the convention will be sharing "one big thing" that they took away from the event.
Early Release Agenda
- Debrief About March Lockdown Drill (tentative plan)
- Work on District Initiatives
Mystery Staff Member
Who am I?
- I have white halos around my moles, a condition that is called halo nevus.
- My best friend and I went to the same k-8 school, high school, junior college, and university - 19 consecutive years!
- I threw up on the 50-yard-line at Camp Randall after running a race.
After reading the clues, email me with your guess of who this staff member is. The first 3 people to email me with the correct answer will get to prize from the "prize box".
Last week's Mystery Staff Member: Zac Ruch
Last week's winner(s): None