$25,000 Dollars to Spend, What Would You Do?
CD- Invest 10,000 in CD because it is safe and will gain interest overtime.
1. Certificates of deposit that guarantee you a return from the bank over time. By locking your money up, you earn a little bit more from CD investments.
2. Laddering, bullets, and barbells are all CD investment approaches that can help you reach your goals more effectively.
3. Over your lifetime, better CD investment results will mean more money to spend on the things you value.
4. Make sure you’re at a government insured institution, and that you’re below the insurance limits.
Moderate Investment & Conservative Investment
Infinity Diamonds (Bond)- Invest 7,500 in the moderate, equal chance to get return as there is risk.
1. Diamonds have increased between 10-20% since the 70’s
2. In 2011 certain diamonds increased in value 20%.
3. Rough Diamond Supplies peaked in 2006
4. Diamond Demand Expected to Outpace Supply by 2015
5. Demand from China and India are Expected to Increase from 8% to 40% of the Market by 2015
6. Analysts at the Royal Bank of Canada predict the upward trend of higher diamond prices will continue over the longer term. So far in 2011, prices for gemstones have risen almost 50%.
7. No “Paper Market” for Diamonds so Prices Can’t Be Manipulated by Wall Street
8. No Major Price Declines in More Than 4 Decades
9. Diamonds are the most concentrated store of value that exists, they are a finite source and 1000 times rarer than gold
Coffee- Invest 7,500 in coffee since it is a high risk and a possible high return investment.
1. Contracts on commodities, currencies, and stock market indexes that attempt to predict the value of these securities at some date in the future.
2. The primary purpose of futures markets is to provide an efficient and effective mechanism for the management of price risks.
3. Selling a futures contract means you are obligated to deliver these goods.
4. Arabica Coffee: A Notice of Certification is issued based on testing the grade of the beans and by cup testing for flavor. The exchange uses certain coffees to establish the "basis." Coffees judged superior are at a premium; those judged inferior are discounted
5. For example, a producer of corn could use futures to lock in a certain price and reduce risk (hedge). On the other hand, anybody could speculate on the price movement of corn by going long or short using futures.
6. High Risk
7. Benefits: earn more return than other types of investments, at a higher risk.