Information from Mrs. Valdes. Please click on the Picture
Theme: Ponies are out of this World!
BEGINNING our 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR start dates/times
Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 10th!!
Here are some important facts to help you and your child have a wonderfully successful year:
- Arrival is from 7:15 to 7:40
- Class STARTS at 7:45. Arriving at 7:45 is considered late, so your child needs to be dropped off by 7:40 at the latest to be able to walk to class, unpack and be in their seat!
- Breakfast is served from 7:15 to 7:40. We want all of our students to have a good start to their day and not have to rush through breakfast.
- Dismissal is 3:00 pm
- Remember---Traffic is usually a little heavier during this first week of school, so please plan to leave a little earlier for school. Wouldn't it be great to have a 1st day of school with NO Tardies and 100% attendance?!?! :-)
First Days of School for Parents too!
Patience, Practice and Safety make for a great start to our 2022-23 SY in regards to some NEW procedures beginning the first day of school. Please read the following to help us make sure we doing all we can to provide our children the safest and most nurturing school environment possible:
- Only KINDER parents will be allowed to walk their child to class on the first day of school
- We will have photo booths outside the school if you want to take a picture with your child on the 1st day of school. Please park and do not leave your car on unatended.
- All exterior doors will remain locked during our instructional day. A staff member will be present to hold a door open for children to enter through the main front entrance for car and walker. Bus riders will enter through side door in the morning with a staff member there to allow them to enter there.
Time to COMPLETE your yearly Online Forms Packet in SKYWARD!
Don't forget to login to skyward and complete the 2022-2023 Forms Packet for this school year!
- 4th and 5th gr. parents need to take care of the IPAD fee portion asap because their iPads will be disabled a few weeks after school starts if not done and paid, so don't delay!
- Lunch will NOT be universally free to students for the 2022-2023 school year. Parents will need to apply for Free and Reduced lunch through the application on Step 11 of the forms packet.
- Also, please fill out the Voly application that is also in Step 11 of the forms packet so that you are cleared to help with parties, events, and volunteer in the building and/or classrooms.
Connect, Communicate and Culture
Dr. Rapp's 3 C's and seeking parents to be on our Lewisville BLT
- Dr. Rapp, LISD Superintendent, has a focus on Community Engagement with proactive and positive communication as the foundation for her 3 C's. As a campus, Lewisville has always prided itself on our relationships with parents. We actively seek ways to improve how we Connect and Communicate with our families to build that Culture of Caring and Learning.
- Parent Invitation: Lewisville Building Leadership Team (BLT) is seeking a few parent volunteers to serve on this committee that is dedicated to improving the campus climate, culture, and academic success for all our students. Please email Mrs. Valdes Principal at Lewisville ES, at email@example.com if you would be interested in serving or would like to continue serving on our BLT! I will send calendar invites to our first of 4 meetings later in August very soon!
Mrs. Keogh will be in charge of K-5th attendance this year. If you have any questions you can always reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is who at Lewisville ES
Car Rider Pick Up
Anyone picking up your child in the car line MUST have a car tag. Car tags will be given out at Meet the Teacher night on August 8th.
After 3:20, you will have to park your car, ring the doorbell and present your ID to sign out your student. The only people that can sign out your child must be in Skyward.
Please start working on your student arrival and dismissal procedures now! We will review this information at Meet the Teacher night.
- August 8 Meet the Teacher
- August 10 First Day of School 7:15 AM
- August 10 Kindergarten BooHoo For Kindergarten parents only.
- August 22 ACE Starts Students who have been signed up for ACE only!
- Aug 29- Sept 1st 2nd Grade Swim SafetyMore Information will come soon.
- August 31 Positive Behavior Reward Party
- September National Suicide Prevention Month
- September 5 School Holiday
- September 6-9 2nd Grade Swim Safety
- September 9 Grandparents/Family Day
- September 12-16 Kindness Week
- September 15 International Dot DayStudent's Wear Dots
- Sept 15-Oct 15 Hispanic Heritage Month
- Sept 19-23 Start with Hello Week
- Sept 21-28 Big Kahuna FundraiserMore Information to Come
- September 22 Fall Block Party/3rd Grade Choir
- September 22 Club Sign-Up forms Sent Home
- Sept 26-30 Big John's Vacation--LHS HomecomingDress Up Days Below
- September 26 Wear Pajamas
- September 27 Tacky Tourist
- September 28 Homecoming Shirt/LVES School shirt
- September 28 Homecoming Parade 6:00 PM
- September 29 Souvenir Shirt
- September 30 Spirit Shirt
- September 30 Positive Behavior Reward PartyDuring Student's Specials Time
- Sept 30-Oct 1 Scholastic Book Fair
LVES Admin Team
Lindsey Ferguson Administrative Dean of Instruction
Melissa Jones K to 2nd Assistant Principal
Kristen Keogh 3rd to 5th Assistant Principal