MLK Parent Newsletter
September 7, 2020
Here a few updates and reminders for the week:
- There is NO school on Monday, September 7th.
- Meal service is expanded from 7:15 -8:45 at MLK on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Wednesdays ONLY from 4-5 you can pick up meals at Richmond. Children 0-18 are now eligible to get meals. If your child is a student please have their ID number ready. For additional children that are not MLK students they need to be present.
- The Mobile Family Healthcare Network Clinic will be at MLK on 9/16/20, please call 559-909-4908 to schedule an appointment.
- For this week's MVP, our trait is "Class Participation". Encourage your child to participate every day this week so they can be in the running to be the MVP of the week.
- I included a few tech tips to help your child's computer/iPad run smoother.
Have a great week!
Save your data for school
If you have other devices (TV’s, gaming consoles, video cameras) connected to the same internet connection as the student laptop, try to refrain from using those devices during school sessions to the degree that it’s practicable. Netflix and online gaming by others can greatly reduce the amount of bandwidth available to the student device for their online meetings and learning activities.
Chrome tabs – keep them closed
Each extra Chrome tab that’s open uses two separate processes in the background and takes up a lot of system resources, it’s really a “resource hog”! Keep the tabs to a minimum and save that memory for Zoom/Teams.
If the audio in the meeting starts to drop or the teacher’s video and screen share start to lag, disable the camera temporarily until the stream stabilizes. Pausing outbound video can reduce the bandwidth that the meeting uses.