The best teachers teach from the heart!
- I am the decisive element in the classroom. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
- I believe that teaching is not a profession but a vocation, demanding dedication and a deep sense of commitment.
- I will respect a student’s beliefs and understand a student’s issues.
- I believe that I must not let my own problems, frustrations and anxieties color and affect my work and my attitude towards my students.
- I will work with what each student brings me to learn and I will grow with my students.
- I believe that I must not differentiate between my students, and that I must not show any personal preferences or dislikes.
- I will teach each kid the same no matter their race, color, or sex.
- I believe that every child is special and must be treated as such.
- I will adapt to work with each child as needed.
- Each child learns in different ways and I as a teacher will be able to teach each and every child in a way that they will learn and grow with me.
Kimberly Burks & Patricia Nemec
March 30, 2015