Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of March 15-19
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
March 14, 2021
Dear Rocket Families,
As we continue to prepare for Plan A to begin next Monday, March 22 we will share new pick-up and drop-off times for our bus riders. If you have not heard from anyone at the school by Thursday, please ensure you contact us to find out new times. As a reminder, this Friday, March 19 is a REMOTE LEARNING DAY FOR ALL STUDENTS.
The return to Plan A will bring back 87% of our student population. With this increase, you can expect our car line to be much busier moving forward. Next week's update will contain reminders about the car line and our one-way traffic loop.
Below are a few reminders for our face-to-face and remote only students:
- As we begin to experience warmer weather students are encouraged to layer their clothing. Students on our 2nd floor (3rd, 4th, and 5th grades) are especially encouraged to do so.
- Please ensure on days students do not attend face-to-face that contact is made daily with teachers for attendance. The detailed attendance policy is below for your reference.
- ALL morning bus riders must have a signed attestation form each day. (Use this link for access to attestation forms.) ALL PM bus riders should have someone waiting on them each afternoon.
- K-1 packet pick-ups on Monday, March 15, beginning at 8:00 AM
- Daily Enrichment Opportunities (Art, Library, P.E. & S.T.E.M.) are available for our REMOTE learners on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Please click on the links below for appropriate grade levels and new times. This week is a RED Week.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (email@example.com), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
Maintaining attendance during Remote Learning is crucial. As a reminder, below is the attendance policy for remote learning:
Attendance will be recorded daily in PowerSchool. A student is considered present if he or she completes the daily assignment, either online or offline or has a daily interaction with the appropriate teacher. A student will not be considered absent solely due to an inability to join an online lesson on a remote learning day. You can contact your child's teacher easily through Dojo. Students can also contact their teachers through Canvas.
Students are expected to complete assignments missed due to an absence in a time frame determined by the teacher.
Excused absence documentation still needs to be provided via email communication (alternative to parent note) or document scans (doctor’s note, educational trip verification, family death obituary, etc.).
Required Teacher Workday - Professional Development Day - Remote Learning Day
- Friday, March 19, 2021
Optional Teacher Workday - Remote Learning Day
- Friday, April 2, 2021
- Monday, April 5, 2021 - Friday, April 9, 2021