Launch Virtual Academy - QUARTER 2
[Nov 28- Dec 2] 🚀 THIS IS WEEK 8 🚀
MECHA High School Conference at SDSU (Fieldtrip)
Hello Launch Academy Students ( & Parents),
We hope you had a restful Thanksgiving Break. It is time to get back to our routine before the break. To get us back on track, I would like to share with you a personality trait important to succeed in life; "GRIT". Individuals with grit demonstrate passion and perseverance toward a goal despite being confronted by significant obstacles and distractions. Check your GRIT score by completing this online tool. We can improve our grit with perseverance, tenacity, and hard work. Completing school assignments play an important role in this process. Do you have what it (grit) takes?
Remember: Your goal is to complete your assigned Q2 classes this quarter by the week of December 12th.
We are 3 weeks away from the conclusion of this quarter. It is important to complete your classes on time because we are preparing "Credit Recovery" opportunities in the Winter Break ONLY for students that complete all their Q2 classes.
Have you accessed lately our systems of support?
-Office hours with your teachers
-Hybrid/In-Person Support (In-Person) [Tuesdays & Wednesdays]
-Saturday Support Center (In-Person)
-Saturday Math Support (Online)
-Tutoring in the evenings 5:30pm to 7:30pm (M-Th) [Online]
On a separate note, please nominate your favorite teacher(s) for "Launch Virtual Academy's Teacher of the Year Award". Nominations close on Friday, December 2nd.
Yo can do it! - We are on your side!
Direct line of support:
News for this week
- Nominate your favorite Teacher for "Teacher of the Year Award".
- On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - "Hybrid In-Person Support" from 9:00am to 1:00pm at our school administrative offices located at 1411 27th Street, San Diego, CA 91154.
- Tuesday, Nov 29 - "School Site Council" meeting at 1:00pm. Click HERE for the live meeting link. Click HERE for the meeting Agenda.
- Saturday, Dec 3 - "Saturday Math Support" (Online) available from 9am to 12:00pm. Click HERE to join.
- Saturday, Dec 3 - "Saturday Support Center" (In-Person) from 9am to 12pm at our school administrative offices located at 1411 27th Street, San Diego, CA 92154.
District/Community Events for the week
- Saturday Dec 3rd, 10:00am-4:00pm & Sunday, December 4th, 10:00am-4:00pm "Princess Project San Diego at Westfield Mission Valley" - Info HERE
Quarter 2 Progress Report # 2
Quarter 2 Progress Report # 2 came out on Friday, November 18th. Click HERE to see how to check Progress Reports on the Infinite Campus Portal. In addition, Progress Reports were emailed to both parents and students on the evening of Friday, November 18, 2022. If you have questions about progress reports please email your Launch teachers or your counselor.
"Teacher of the Year" Nominations OPEN
Please nominate anonymously one candidate as 2022-23 Launch Virtual Academy Teacher of the Year. The candidate must be a permanent teacher with at least eight (8) years of service in the SUHSD district. Nominated teachers then will be voted by their colleagues (teachers) to select our school's 2022-23 school year Teacher of the Year.
Nominations CLOSE ON DEC 2ND.
Thank you for your participation!
Nominate anonymously by Clicking HERE
Alternative Household Income Survey
Parents, We Need Your SUPPORT AND HELP!
Please fill in the Alternative Household Income Survey. Under California’s Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), school districts receive additional funding based on the number of students qualifying for free or reduced-price meals (FRPM). Even if you think you do not qualify, please fill in the form. This will help Launch Virtual Academy and the Sweetwater Union High School District.
Here is the SURVEY: https://bit.ly/3sCWIqf
It will only take 5 minutes to fill out.
Assistant Principal - Launch Virtual Academy
Launch Virtual Academy needs your help -CORE SURVEY
Students, Please take the CORE survey .
How do I take the CORE Survey?
- Click on the Illuminate link: https://sweetwaterschools.illuminatehc.com/login
- Put in your Username: Student ID and Password: email password
- Click on TAKE ASSESSMENT
- Students can select the assessment based on their language preference.
Thank you for helping our school. You are awesome!
In Person Support (Hybrid), Saturday Support Center and Tutoring
What is In-Person Support (Hybrid)?
- Hybrid support is offered to students every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 1pm at our school administrative offices located at 1411 27th Street, San Diego, CA 91154.
- Snack and Lunch are provided.
- Sign up by clicking HERE
- Students will attend their online classes and receive in-person support from teachers, tutors and support staff.
Saturday Support Center
- Saturday Support Center is from 9am to 12pm at our school administrative offices located at 1411 27th Street, San Diego, CA 91154. (In-Person)
- We will have teachers, tutors and support staff available to help you with you school work.
- Sign up by clicking HERE
- Upcoming Support Dates: December 3rd and December 10th
Saturday (Online) Math Tutoring
- Every Saturday from 9am to 12pm (online)
- Click HERE to join the live link.
It Has Finally Arrived!
12th Grade Students (Seniors) Information
LAUNCH ACADEMY CLASS OF 2023 You've made it! This is your last year of high school! With it will come special memories, as well as responsibilities and deadlines. The more you stay focused, the more opportunities you will have to enjoy your senior year, while keeping your options after high school open.
College Credit Opportunity
Are you interested in earning 3 units of UC/CSU transferable college credits and a high school elective credit for free?
Launch Virtual Academy will be offering a Southwestern College course during Quarter 3 through Quarter 4:
Administration of Justice 111.
This synchronous course will be offered virtually.
*Course offering will be dependent on meeting enrollment requirements by deadline set by SWC
AJ 111 - INTRODUCTION TO ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE
Introduces the history and philosophy of criminal justice with an overview of the criminal justice system identifying the various segments and the roles and interrelationships: overview of crime, criminals and causal theories, jurisdiction of local, state, federal criminal justice agencies, survey of professional career opportunities, and ethics and professionalism.
Launch Virtual Academy:
January 31-April 20 th
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 1pm - 2:30pm
Virtual / Synchronous
9th - 12th grade students
No outstanding "Incomplete" grades in core classes
Recommended 2.5 or higher Academic GPA
Cannot exceed enrollment of 4 classes
Must be enrolled at Launch Virtual Academy Q3 and Q4 of current academic year
If you are interested or have questions, please email your counselor by November 1:
Middle School 10 Year Plan Workshops
All 7th and 8th grade students who have not completed their 10 Year Plan have been invited to a workshop, hosted by Ms. Guarin, LVA Counselor Intern. Please sign up for one of three workshops available. Students will review middle school promotion and high school graduation requirements, A-G requirements for college, and a variety of career pathways.
Please sign up today: https://calendly.com/ms-saiki/10-year-plan-workshop
If you have any questions, please email Ms.Guarin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Service Opportunity
If you are in need of community service hours, please make sure you take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to help our area. The Chula Vista Welfare Council is looking for volunteers to help package donated foods. Flyer HERE.
When: Dec 3rd and 4th from 10am-2pm
Dec 5th - Dec 7th from 4pm-7pm
Email Chris Ross to register! email@example.com
Food Drive Events
Chula Vista and San Diego will be having multiple food drive events this month! If you are looking to participate in the food drive or even volunteer the following locations will be hosting this month:
- Memorial Park on the third Thursday of every month starting at 3pm
- Sherman Heights Community Center every second Wednesday of the month from 9am-12pm
- 3040 Imperial Ave. San Diego, CA 92102. Every 3rd Friday from 10am-12pm
- OLG 744 Beardsley Street 1st Thursday of every month starting at 2:30pm.
Click Here for more information.
C2K is Back with Affordable Technology!
Looking to get some affordable technology for school? C2K is having another drive through event where they will have computers for as low as $100! Take advantage of this special event!
Register HERE by November 30
When: December 3rd from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Live Well Advance School Summit
This is a free event where students, teachers, administrators, and parents can attend multiple workshops throughout the day. Lunch will be provided!
When: December 7 from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Princess Project Returns!
Looking to get an affordable dress for your next special event? Princess Project San Diego sells off dresses for only $5.00 each!
When: Saturday Dec 3rd, 10:00am-4:00pm
Sunday, December 4th, 10:00am-4:00pm