The People Helper's
the therapy career
Average Hours Worked
Sometimes work-evenings and weekends,
due to the fact that families work and such
- Remain all contents in the client's record confidential.
- Get help for patients who plan to attempt suicide right away.
- Get clients to express feelings, talk about what is happening in their lives, helping them look into themselves more or into their relationships with others.
- Observe clients and collect information through documents and tests.
- Guide clients into new strategies to deal with their problems.
- Council patients individually or in a group so they can begin to overcome their dependencies, adjust to their life, and get used to making changes that need to be made.
- Guide clients in development of their skills and strategies to deal with their problems.
- Develop and imply on plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Maintain and fill-out client's paper work, including federal and state mandated forms, their diagnostic records, and notes on them.
- Prepare and maintain all treatment records and reports on client.
- Evaluate client's physical or mental condition, based on review of your client's information.
a mental health center, substance abuse treatment center,
hospitals, and colleges. If they practice privately, then the
environment would be in your home. (more for personal use)
Salary and Potential Wage
$19.09 per hour (average)
- Therapy and Counseling
- Customer and Personal Service
- Sociology and Anthropology
- English Language
- Education and Training
- Philosophy and Theology
- An active listener
- Be aware of others reactions, and understand why they react the way they do
- Actively seek for ways to help people
- Talk to others to convey information collectively
- Assess or monitor yourself, or people, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective actions.
- Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the best one.
- Persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop develop and evaluate several solutions.