January 13, 2021
Return to Family 3/2 Model Next Week!
We will return to the Family 3/2 Model
- Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021: All students return in-person following the Family 3/2 Model attendance calendar.
Schedule for next week:
- Tuesday (A-Day) for A-K
- Wednesday (B-Day) for L-Z
- Thursday (A-Day) for L-Z
- Friday (B-Day) for L-Z
Return to 5-Day In-Person Learning in February
Want to Change from Remote to In-Person or Vice Versa?
- Buffett parent/guardians may request a change from in-person to remote or vice versa. To request a change, email Deidre.Schukei@ops.org or Darci.Watkins@ops.org with a written request as soon as possible. Please include your Bobcat’s name in the request.
- If a student is currently an in-person 3:2 student, they will remain in-person starting Tuesday, February 2nd.
- If a student is currently a 100% remote student, they will remain 100% remote starting Tuesday, February 2nd.
I LOVE PUBLIC SCHOOLS DAY!
10. Watch one of our films and share on social media how your family relates to the film.
9. Ask your child’s principal about starting an I Love Public Schools shirt fundraiser for your school.
8. Inquire about how your employer can be more involved in your child’s school.
7. Call your school and ask how you can volunteer.
6. Donate to your school’s supply list.
5. Drop off breakfast to the staff lounge.
4. Organize a staff lunch for your child’s school.
3. Write a “thank you” note to your child’s teachers.
2. Wear your I Love Public Schools gear and take a photo. #ilovepublicschools
1. Share a reason why public education means something to you.
Thank you for being a part of our school! #wearebuffett
Human Growth and Development
Hello 5th grade parents/guardians:
In 2016 the Board of Education of the Omaha Public Schools District approved updated curriculum standards for the Human Growth and Development for grades 4th-8th and 10th. An email will be sent to the email address on file of parents/guardians that will include a permission form that must be completed for your student to participate.
This form must be completed for your student to participate by January 22nd, 2021.
If you have any questions about the lessons, please contact Ms. Boyer, Nurse at Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School, at 531-299-2321 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Buffett Events
No Place for Hate
Book Blasters will meet this Thursday, January 14th, after school virtually from 3:05-4:05 PM. Please click JOIN on our TEAM if the meeting invite does not show up on your calendar. This is an important meeting as we are testing to prepare for our upcoming competition over the books. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your questions.
Buffett's 2nd Poetry Slam
New Attendance Information
- if your student is attending "in-person" and you choose not to send them to school on their "in-person" day, they will be marked absent for the day even if you have them do remote learning for the day
- if they are supposed to be "in-person" they need to be here "in-person" on their correct days unless they are sick, or you call them out for a different reason
- if you decide to move your student to "remote learning" you will need to contact the Buffett School Office at 531-299-2320
Scholastic Picture Retakes
Buffett is offering picture retakes for students that missed the original date or who would like to try again!
The dates for the retakes are the afternoons of Tuesday, January 26th, for A-K students and Thursday, January 28th, for L-Z students. Fully remote students can come either day and will be directed to the front of the line so they can be in the building the shortest amount of time possible. Call before you come to school for specific retake times.
Technology Tip for Second Semester
Save Your Battery!
- Open Safari, hold down on the X of one tab and select "Close other tabs." All of the tabs running will close and save battery usage.
- Click two times on the iPad home button and swipe up to close all the running applications.
- Do a full restart of the iPad. Hold down the power button until they see "Slide to power off." Slide it to power it down. Hold the power button until they see an apple on the screen.
- Plug in their iPad to the charging cord it came with overnight for a full charge and to also get important OPS updates.
Nominate a Buffett Teacher Today!
20-21 Yearbook Orders Deadlines!
Our yearbook deadlines are swiftly approaching. Here is a quick reminder of our upcoming deadlines:
- February 1st: Last day to purchase student ads.
- January 31st: Last day for yearbook pre-order. (We normally have extra copies at the end of the year, but it is safest to pre-order.
- Yearbook Price: $40
- Yearbook Ads: Price varies. (See the Walsworth link below to purchase).
Important: We have opened up yearbook ads for all grade levels (not just 8th grade) because of the crazy school year. Please consider purchasing a yearbook ad to commemorate your students' year of remote learning.
Please purchase yearbook and/or ads online at: https://yearbookforever.com/schools/alice_buffett_magnet_middle_school_buy_yearbook_424/
We will be previewing parts of the yearbook in the next few weeks. Follow us on Twitter at @YearbookBuffett for previews and requests for photos.
Photos can be uploaded to our server with the Yearbook Snap app. Find our school and use the password yearbook2021 so we can have more photos of our remote Bobcats. 🙂
If you have any questions, reach out to Mrs. Mallett Smith at Jennifer.MallettSmith@ops.org