HOW TO SAVE FOOD DOLLARS ! ! !
by Noah Jefferson
HOW TO SAVE FOOD DOLLARS!!!(dollars spent on food)
- Make a plan before you go shopping
- Make sure your plan can be edited easily
- Look at the website of the store you are shopping at to find discounts and coupons.
This is what a coupon looks like
IT will tell you what you are saving and what item it is on. They have a lot of details about the item.
HOW TO MANAGE WHAT YOU BUY WITH FOOD DOLLARS
- Make sure you stay with your grocery list
- Bring only the shopping amount, do not bring anymore than you need because you may be tempted to buy extra things.
- Know what price the things you regularly buy are so that you can spot a sale easily.
- Make sure that you have things that are the same in the same bags so it is easier to sort and organize later
- Shop for frozen things last
- Grocery stores put items they most want to sell on the shelves between knee- and shoulder-height. The highest markup items are the ones about chest level.
- Don't use coupons on things you do not usually buy, you are still spending money even if it is discounted.
- Store frozen things first to keep healthy
- Also put fruit and vegetables up first in the refrigerator
- When you are unpacking put things that are similar together for easy access