The Life and Work of Michelangelo
- Michelangelo was born March sixth1475, in Caprese Tuscany Italy.
- Spent most of his life in Florence where he grew up.
- When Michelangelo was seven he began studying grammar in Florence, although he preferred to skip class and go to galleries. At his young age he was also apprenticed to the artist Davide.
- Michelangelo had pretty much an average lifestyle but he was in the lower class. He was the second born of five sons. As a side job, he worked on the dissectio of corpses.
- Michelangelo mostly created paintings such as Madonna of the Stairs (c. 1489-92), and Battle of the Centaurs (c. 1492). He also worked on the architecture for things like The Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano.
- Michelangelo's patrons were Lorenzo de Medici when he was young and once he grew up it was Raffaelo Riario.
- This is The Basilica di San Pietro in Vatican City
- This piece was created in 1546-1593, but Michelangelo just created the architecture of it he did not build the actual piece.
- Today, you could see this piece in the Vatican City.
- The Basilica di San Pietro is very significant because it is one of the largest churches in the entire world.
- I find this piece interesting because the architecture of it is really beautiful and all the little details are really appealing to the eye.
- This piece of work relates to the humanism "ism" because it is showing the work people did with their own personal skills.