AT THE TAP STUDIO
It's the final countdown!!! We only have three weeks of classes remaining until the recital. Our recital will be here before we know it!
There has been a change in our show order. A guest performance was inserted towards the end of the show. The previously-announced dress rehearsal schedule will remain the same.
Two recital handouts are due this week:
- The "Recital Questionnaire" for making each student's slide on the photo slide show.
- A handout to show appreciation and positivity for classmates.
There are so many awesome "tappenings" that I broke this newsletter into three parts. The links to the other two sections can be found under "Newsletter Contents".
As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help!
Copasetics Chair Dance
- Saturday, May 5th at 2-3pm
- Saturday, May 12th at 2-2:30pm
- Saturday, May 19th at 2-2:30pm
Jessie Sawyer's "Easy"
- Saturday, May 12th at 1-1:30pm
- Saturday, May 19th at 1-1:30pm
Sam Gottstein's "Thunder"
- Saturday, May 5th at 1-2pm
- Saturday, May 12th at 1:30-2pm
- Saturday, May 19th at 1:30-2pm
Rusty shared a chorus from her tap mentor, Louis Dapron! The class was packed - lots of smiles and sweat! :)
Before Rusty taught Intermediate Tap, she snuck into the studio to spend a few moments with the Beginning Intermediate Tap girls! She shared some stories about tap greats, then watched the girls do their recital dance and gave them some kind words and feedback!
We had a blast learning Rusty's "Swing Fever" routine and learning a Louis Dapron exercise! Thanks to Studio 49 for letting us use your space!
An action shot of Rusty's class!
We enjoyed an hour packed full of stories and footage of tap greats! Rusty is a tap historian and expert. It was so wonderful for her to share with us!
Rusty and Miss Valerie
Thanks for visiting The Tap Studio, Rusty!