Women Take Action
Stop Asking "when?", Take Action To Make It "NOW!"
Women Take Action
Monday, Feb. 2nd, 8:30pm
100 Queen Street West
Point of This Seminar
- Women will help each gain confidence in voicing their opinions,
- women will be educated on how to become an activist,
- women will be educated on how to use applications and the internet as an activist and
- women will be educated on the rights they have and
- women will realize that they are equal to men.
You Are Special No Matter Where You Come From
Embrace Your Identity, Stand Up For Your Rights & Inspire Women to Set Themselves Free
Watch international driving licensee, Manal al-Sharif's journey and the country's reaction to this activist's movement. She taught women to Embrace Their Identity, Stand Up to the Cultural Stereotypes of "women should not drive" and Set Women Free on June 17; every women in Saudi Arabia got out and drove.
2:00-3:00 ~ Organized into groups and be given refreshments
3:00 - 5:00 ~ Five rotating workshops
- Women learn to voice their opinions
- Women will be taught how to become an activist
- Women will be educated on how to use applications and the internet as an activist and
- Women will be educated on the rights they have
- Women will realize their significance
5:00 - 6:00 ~ Dine at the Great Hall and Share Experiences
6:006::00 ~ Guest Speaker, Manal al - Sharif, talks to you on the importance of standing up to feminism and take action.
How I will Know the Positive Change Brought by The Workshop
This workshop will not just give women the knowledge on how to use various tools like the internet and applications to voice their opinions, but motivation. the motivation needed to ignite the spark inside of them and burn a flame or courage. The TED Talk video showed how one women's motivation could ignite the spark inside thousands of
women to stand up to feminism and take action.
Women will realize how easy it is to fulfill their goals buy learning to take action instead of wondering when action is going to be taken, through the workshops they attend, the people they meet and the inspirational people they listen too. They will leave as confident women, with more knowledge on what paths to take to become an activist and all in all, as a women who can stand up to society's empowering stereotypes.