Hi Honeybee Families, I am Ms. Smith, the Principal at Hutchens Elementary. I am excited to be starting my fifth year with my amazing students and staff.
It is hard to believe school starts in less than a week. I know everyone is enjoying summer break, but I am missing all my little honeybees. We are glad to have students returning to school soon.
Please read the information below to get your school year off to a smooth start.
- Open House is on Thursday, July 28, 2022.
- You will report to Open House according to your child’s last name. If you have students with different last names, you may choose a time that aligns with the last name of any one of your students.
- Students whose last names began with A-K may attend Open House 2:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Students whose last names began with L-Z may attend Open House 4:00 – 6:00 PM.
This information is for elementary school only. Please check with middle and high schools for their Open House schedule.
- The federal grant allowing for students to eat free lunch and breakfast has expired.
- Families will need to apply for free or reduced lunch. Please apply at www.schoollunchapp.com
- If your child does not qualify for free lunch, you will need to pay for their lunch at www.myschoolbucks.com
- Elementary Student Lunch -$2.15
- Elementary School Breakfast - $1.40
Parent Portal allows you access to important student information, such as grades, Report Cards, the Student Handbook, and other information you may need during the school year.
If you have not signed up for Parent Portal, please take care of this on Open House night. Your child’s teacher will have the information needed for you to create your account. Please have your Driver’s License available to confirm that you are the enrolling parent.
- If possible, please plan for your child to ride the bus. This allows them to get to school on time to eat breakfast and get to class on time.
- You can find out which bus your child will ride by visiting the School Bus Locator using the following link. https://transweb.paulding.k12.ga.us/elinkrp/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx
- The Here Comes the Bus app will let you know when to expect the bus to pick up and drop off your child. Use the following link for more information about the app. https://www.paulding.k12.ga.us/Page/40604
- Please support your children and our school by joining the PTA. The membership fee is only $7. All money raised by the PTA benefits the students and staff at Hutchens Elementary.
- Please use this link https://halhutchens.memberhub.com/store to pay your $7 membership fee. Each member of your family may join.
- The class at each grade level with the most PTA memberships by August 19, 2022, will have a pizza party. Be sure to enter the name of your child’s homeroom teacher. You may purchase a membership for each child.
- We are looking for officers and volunteers. If you would like to serve as a PTA officer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PTA Officer.” We are looking for a president, treasurer, and vice president.
- Volunteers may assist with only one event or as many as they like. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up at the PTA table during Open House.
Starting the School Year
- The first day of school is Monday, August 1, 2022.
- Students may enter the building at 7:30 AM.
- Students arriving after 8:00 AM will be tardy, and a parent must come inside to sign them in.
- Parents may walk students to class during the first week of school, prior to 8:00 AM. Please walk your child to the classroom door and leave them to get prepared for their day.
- After the first week of school, students needing assistance will be walked to class by a staff member.
- Due to space limitations, parents will not be able to join their children for breakfast during the year.
- You are welcome to have lunch with your child beginning August 15, 2022. The price for an adult lunch is $3.70. Please call the front office to reserve seating. The number is 678-838-2683.
- Teachers’ classroom hours are 7:30-3:00. After 3:00, they are oftentimes in meetings. If you call, email, or message them after these hours, please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
- Open House - July 28, 2022
A -K – 2:00 – 4:00
L-Z – 4:00 – 6:00
- First Day of School – August 1, 2022
- Digital Learning Day/Student Will Complete Work at Home - August 5, 2022 (There will be more information before DLD).
- Boy Scouts will visit the school on August 17, to speak with students.
- There will be a Boy Scout parent information meeting on August 18, 6:30-7:30 PM.