The Argument Form of Miracles
By: Denisse Medina, Laura Walker, Thea Coelho
What is a miracle?
- An event whose only adequate explanation is the extraordinary and direct intervention of some kind of divine power.
“A miracle is an event which the forces of nature—including the natural powers of man—cannot of themselves produce, and which must, therefore, be referred to a supernatural agency (Fisher 1900, 9).”
- Christianity thinks of miracles providing the basis for belief in the existence of God.
1. There is an event that has taken place that violates the laws of nature.
2. If the laws of nature are violated it could only be by a power that could violate the laws of nature that could only be the power that would have created those laws.
What is the Purpose of Miracles?
- From Mark 16:20, the word of truth being communicated from God to man. Or “great salvation”
- Mark 2:3-4, “spoken through the Lord, was confirmed unto us by them that heard; God also bearing witness with them, both by signs and wonders, and by manifold powers, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will”
- They key idea in these passages simply is the word “confirm”, mainly that God is real and that miracles happen. Miracles happened when Jesus was on earth as noted in the Bible and miracles still happen today, as the video exemplified.
The Bible references to miracles.
“Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of (his) disciples that are
not written in this book. But these are written that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through this belief you
may have life in his name.” (John 20)
Keep in mind
^^ Keep in mind that this is a subject view.... Because Miracles do exit but Science cannot prove them. Therefore the must be a higher being.
So extraordinary events happen, there is no explanation to why it does happen except that God exists and He is the reason why these miracles happen. If miracles exist, then God exists.
"Access-Jesus.com." List of Miracles Recorded in the Old Testament Bible. N.p.,
n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2015.
"Twenty Arguments For The Existence Of God." By Peter Kreeft & Ronald K. Tacelli.
N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2015.
"What Does the Bible Say About Miracles?" Christian Courier. N.p., n.d. Web. 24