Smoke Signals: Staff Edition
Monday, February 19 is a staff and student holiday!
Calendar events for the week...
- 3:15 -Showstoppers Choir practice
- 6:00 School Board Meeting
- Spring picture day, Gym
- Special Olympics, Mrs. Flowers class attends
- 8:45 - office PLC, East leads
- DLT, Burkhalter off campus
- 3:15 - Valentine Dance
- Valentine parties, in classrooms, afternoon
- 2:30 - 4th math dca data meeting
- 3:30 - TELPAS calibration, library, option 1
- 8:30 - 5th ELA data meeting
- 10:30 - 3rd math data meeting
- 3:30 - 2nd math data meeting
- 3:30 - TELPAS calibration, library, option 2
- DAT meeting, East
- 7:00 - Ellis County Spelling Bee, Fine Arts Center
- 4th grade Go Van Gogh
President's Day, Staff and student holiday, No School Today!
Spring Events...Mark your calendars!
2/3 - WISD STEM Expo, Waxahachie Ninth Grade Academy
2/7 - Goodies with Grandfriends; No Homework Night
2/8 - 2nd, 4th Math DCA window; 5th ELAR DCA window
Week of 2/12 - 2/16 - Random Acts of Kindness Week
2/13 - 3:30 - Valentine's Dance
2/13 - Spring Pictures
2/14 - Valentine Parties
2/19 - President's day / Bad Weather Day
2/20 - Benchmark Window - 4th Writing, 5th Reading & Math
2/23 - DEAR Day, Club day, Garden Dedidcation
2/27 - CAT Meeting #3; 4th ELAR DCA Window
3/1 - 1st grade program
3/5 - Benchmark Window - 3 & 4 Reading & Math, 5th Science
3/9 - Donuts with Dads
3/12-16 - Spring Break
3/29 - No Homework Night
3/30 - Good Friday, No School
4/6 - STAAR Rally for 4th & 5th grades, 2:00 pm, Cafeteria
4/9 - No Homework Night
4/10 - STAAR 4th writing, 5th Math
4/11 - STAAR 5th Reading
4/19 - Ladies First Field Trip
4/24 - CAT Meeting #4
4/25 - Brown Bag Lunch - Topic: Preparing for Junior High
4/26 - 2nd Grade Program
5/4 - No Homework Night
5/11 - Muffins with Moms
5/14 - STAAR 3 & 4 Math, 5 Math Retest
5/15 - STAAR 3 & 4 Reading, 5 Reading Retest
5/16 - STAAR 5 Science
5/18 - End of year party/field day
5/21 - Seniors Serve Day
5/22 - 5th grade Talent Show
5/22- 6:30 - Kindergarten Program
5/23 - 8:30 - 1st grade awards; 9:30 - 2nd grade awards
5/24 - 8:30 - 3rd grade awards; 9:30 - 4th grade awards
5/25 - 8:15 - 5th grade Elephant Walk, 8:30 5th grade awards
5/25 - Early Release, Last day of school
5/28 - Memorial Day, Staff & Student Holiday
5/29 - 31 - Professional Development, student holidays
6/14 - Last day for office staff
Week of 6/25 - STAAR, 3rd Administration
Picture Day Schedule
8:00 AM: SC, K1 K2
8:15 AM: K3 K4
8:30AM: K5 1A
8:45 AM: 1B 1C
9:00 AM: 1D 1E
9:15 AM: 3D 3C
9:30 AM: 3B 3E
9:45 AM: 3F 3A
10:00 AM: 4A 4B
10:15 AM: 4C 4D
10:30 AM: 4E 2A
10:45 AM: 2B 2C
11:00 AM: 2D 2E
11:15 AM: 5A 5B
11:30 AM: 5C 5D
11:45 AM: 5E
Wonderful Wednesdays in February!
Here's what we're going to do:
February 7 - Orange you glad it's the 100th day of school? Orange treats in the lounge
February 14 - Lots of Hugs and Kisses! You'll find an abundance of chocolate hugs and kisses to keep you going through Valentine's Day.
February 21 - It's Nacho Time! Nacho bar in the lounge
February 28 - It's Happy Hour! Sonic happy hour, that is...Sonic Drinks for everyone!
So, hang in there! It will be spring break before we know it :-)
On DEAR Day, we like to provide breakfast and mid morning snacks for our readers. If you're interested in bringing something, you can sign up HERE
Random Acts of Kindness Week, February 12-19
- Please watch the Google Classroom Post BEFORE you go to Art this next week. Students will paint a rock and we will make a kindness rock garden in the front walkway. They will need to see this lesson to understand what to do. The code to the classroom is vptit29. We will have a ceremony to commemorate the garden on February 23rd on the live announcement system. Time to be announced. The post is now up to view.
- Please see the attached cards - We will start Peacetime Tickets during RAK week. This will go until May. Please nominate students using these cards who perform random acts of kindness on our campus. I will draw 12 winners a week and reward them. This will be our Hero of the Week style reward for the spring. I have placed four in your box to get started. I will explain these on Monday Announcements.
- Watch for Random Challenges throughout the week.
Valentine's Dance, Tuesday, February 13
Tuesday, February 13, 3:00-4:15
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth grade students will be called with an announcement at 3:00 on Tuesday. Please have them ready to go with backpacks and dismissal cards inside their backpacks.
- Two teachers from each grade level will lead them down to the cafeteria and then can go back to their afternoon duty.
- Ms. Naizer and I will take care of getting backpacks put in the corners and then starting the dance.
- Dismissal will begin around 4:10, with student lining up in the cafeteria with their backpacks and traffic cards. We need volunteers out on the circle drive porch to help at the numbers. Students will be called to the cars and we will send them out as they are called.
- Rick and Tabitha are working on a plan for the parents to come in off Butcher Road, come around the gym then going over to the circle drive. That will help keep cars off of Butcher Road!! Thanks to them!!!
Valentine's Day Classroom Parties
Kindergarten - 2:15 - 2:45
1st grade - 2:00 - 2:30
2nd grade - 1:30 -2:00
3rd grade - 2:00 - 2:45
4th grade - 1:30 - 2:00
5th grade - 2:00 - 2:45
Spring Testing Dates
February 20 - 4th grade writing, 5th grade math
February 21 - 5th grade reading
March 5 - 3rd & 4th grade math
March 6 - 3rd & 4th grade reading
March 7 - 5th grade science
April 10 - 4th grade writing, 5th grade math
April 11 - 5th grade reading
May 14 - 3rd & 4th grade math, 5th grade math retest
May 15 - 3rd & 4th grade reading, 5th grade reading retest
May 16 - 5th grade science