Adventures in STEM
May Edition: CST Updates, Curriculum Updates & Summer PD
NO MORE CST!!
However, all students in grades 5, 8, and in high school (specific grade unknown at this time), will take the NGSS pilot assessment in the Spring of 2017.
Curriculum Updates for 2016-2017 school year
- New performance tasks
- Sequence of units will now be static instead of fluid
- Bins of materials containing everything you need for NGSS implementation will be provided
Middle School (6-8)
- Updated performance tasks for 6th grade
- New scope & sequence and unit overviews for integrated sequence in 7th grade with performance tasks
- Updated scope & sequence and performance tasks for 8th grade
High School (9-12)
- Updated scope and sequences and unit overviews for Biology, Chemistry and Physics that include the Earth and Space Science Standards integrated into each course.
- Revised performance tasks
Don't forget to sign up for Summer PD. Click on the link below to register!
Uncovering NGSS Mysteries at the Museum
Who: Elementary teachers, Instructional Coaches*
When: June 24th
Time: 8:00am-1:00pm (Breakfast and Lunch provided)
Where: Kidspace Museum
*Space is limited.
Inquiry Based Teaching and Project Based Labs for Middle & High School Teachers
Who: Middle and High School Teachers (6-12th grade)
When: August 5th & 6th
Where: Pasadena City College- Science Village
*Space is limited to 24 participants.
Check out the newest PUSD Pulse on the 2016 Innovation Exposition
THIS MONTH'S ADVENTURE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CURRICULUM, INSTRUCTION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Our PurposeThe Pasadena Unified School District’s Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development department is driven by a commitment to prepare our students for college and career opportunities. We support student success by developing and refining curriculum, in conjunction with providing professional growth opportunities to our staff to ensure quality instruction for every child.