October 12, 2015
Sign Off - Planning Phase
- At this time all teachers and leaders should have completed and signed-off in PD&E on their planning phase activities including orientations, self-assessments, and pre-evaluation conferences.
- You should have a green check next to "Planning Phase".
- Please ensure that you have completed these required activities.
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors
The Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors provide clear targets of the knowledge and skills required of student performance of the standards expected at each grade level for each of the four core content areas for Grades 3-8 and all EOC courses.
- The standards are clustered and achievement levels are identified for a learner demonstrating mastery at each of the four performance levels: beginning, developing, proficient, and distinguished learner.
- Students demonstrating mastery of knowledge and skills as each performance level should also be demonstrating proficiency on each of the previous levels of performance as well.
- This tool defines the expected level of rigor for instruction, learning and assessment of the AKS and will be instrumental in planning for instruction
AKS Survey for GEMS Review Process
- The GEMS Oversight Committee is scheduled to meet Tuesday, November 17, 2015.
- GCPS is seeking input from our stakeholders (faculty, staff, parents, etc) on new AKS that have been aligned with the Georgia Standards of Excellence and Georgia Performance Standards.
- Courses under review this year are listed below.
- Please consider participating in the course review via the survey below.
- The online survey will go live on Monday, October 12 and be available for two weeks - the link will go live on Monday, October 12 and run through Monday, October 26.
- Advanced Physics and Robotics (Grades 9-12)
- Proficient Dance (Grades 6-8)
- Advanced Dance (Grades 6-8)
- Beginning Music Technology (Grades 6-8)
- Intermediate Music Technology (Grades 7-8)
- Advanced Music Technology (Grade 8)
- Printmaking II (Grades 9-12)
- Grade 7
The latest posts to the online Communiqué include features on a Camp Creek ES artist, GCPS marching bands, and the AKS review, plus calendar updates and Bulletin Board items on the new issue of Essentials, early voting, and the latest episode of In5ive.
UPCOMING ELECTION (NOVEMBER 3, 2015)
- Early or Advance Voting begins October 12.
- eSPLOST will be on the ballot!
- What should you know about eSPLOST? http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/wcm/connect/984ceaae-ceb1-4562-81cf-703daa521892/E-SPLOST-Insert__single-pages.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
- Video message from Mr. Wilbanks about the upcoming election: http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/gcpstv/videos/employees/enn