Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights -- 5/2/22
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting on May 2, 2022. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions, including the reorganization items, were approved: Agenda.
- Dr. McGann's Superintendent's Report, which includes a housing construction update and redistricting information, is linked here.
- The Board held a public hearing on the 2022-2023 budget. The budget presentation is linked here. The User Friendly Budget and additional budget information are available online here.
- The Board commended and thanked all FRSD educators and staff members for their hard work and tireless efforts in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Audio recordings of meetings are available on our web site here.
Board Recognition: Copper Hill Student Artist
Congratulations to Juliana Lagen, a 4th-grade student at Copper Hill School! The Board of Education heard the great news that Juliana’s artwork was selected to be featured on the Flemington-Raritan Regional School District's annual postcard for Teacher Appreciation Week. Juliana’s piece, "Dreamcatcher," was chosen by her art teacher, Mrs. Melissa Griffis, to represent Copper Hill School and the exceptional artwork students have created this year. "Dreamcatcher" is colorful, vibrant and inspiring. It will certainly be enjoyed by all of our teachers and staff members who will receive the postcard during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2-6. The Board is so proud of Juliana and her outstanding artwork.
The Board also recognized Copper Hill School Art Teacher, Mrs. Melissa Griffis, for her dedication, effort, passion for art education and commitment to supporting every student, every day, at every opportunity.
Policy & Regulation Update
There is no policy update. All Board-approved policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - May 23, 2022
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity