May 9 - 13, 2022
A copy of the above document with active links is in your email
Thank You, PARENTS! You Are Wonderful!!
- Thank you for the emails and the kind words from so many parents!
- Thank you to so many parents who provided their children's teachers with gifts of cards, food, and a little extra something as a gift of appreciation.
- Thank you to those who provided gifts of appreciation to all staff. We are so grateful.
- Thank you to those parents who donated snacks to children for the next three weeks of testing. More than anything, I appreciate that each of you shared that it didn't matter if the snacks went to your child's class or not. It mattered only that a child was supported during the testing.
- Thank you to the parent and her family who donated $1 per child in the school to support us in purchasing some snacks for the students. Your selflessness will always be remembered by us, by your child, and by our students.
Congratulations Zary'a Mines 2021 - 2022 USC TRIO Student of the Year W. G. Sanders Middle School
Congratulations to our Athletic Award Winners
Athletic Award Winners Announced at the Athletic Awards Dinner
Athletic Coordinator Award
“For exhibiting excellence on and off the playing field.”
Male: Julian Hailey
Female: Tyleea Robinson
Male: Landon Young
Female: Kenna McLean
MVP Award: Emmanuel McCullough
Most Improved: Tyreik Davenport-Smith
Defensive Player of the Year: Amar Oree
MVP Award: Jaemon Benson
Most Outstanding Defensive Player: Landon Young
Most Outstanding Offensive Player: Anthony Harmon
Outstanding Scout Team: Mason DeCormier
Outstanding Scout Team: Mohaje Green
Most Improved: Joseph Ketcherside
Most Spirited: Nyla Jackson
Most Inspirational: Malaysia Allen
Coach’s Award: Jada’Marie White
Sharp Shooter: Mikayla Foster
Hustle Award: Kristin Brown
Defensive Player of the Year: Zarya Mines
MVP Award: Mary K. Shuler
Most Heart: Zaniah Pearson
Hustle Award: Kristin Brown
Best Overall Performer: Mikayla Foster
Coach’s Award: Zarya Mines
Best Overall Performer: Harry Rhodes
Coach’s Award: Da’Shawn Bradley
National Junior Honor Society
We are getting ready for the 8th Grade National Junior Honor Society selections and the induction ceremony. In order to qualify, students must have both a grade point average of 3.5 or higher and a good discipline record. The grade point average will be calculated from Quarter 1, Quarter 2, and Quarter 3 grades. Invitations will be mailed this week to honorees.
Please Contact the School or Your Child's Teacher if You are Able to Donate Snacks for State Testing
- Baked Chips
- Fruit Chews
- Baked Popcorn
- Small Waters
Contact your child's teacher for other suggestions. We have 3-5 days of state testing starting this week. Snacks may be given directly to your child's homeroom class or to the school for school-wide distribution. Another option is to have the snacks delivered directly to the school. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Snacks should be individually prepackaged. We cannot serve nuts, peanut butter, or chocolate.
Dates to Remember
11th: National School Nurse Day
12th: SCReady Writing
12th: International Nurse's Day
12th: Middle School Scholars Program Eau Claire High School 6:30 pm
13th: SCReady Reading
18th: SCReady Math
20th: SCPASS Science (6th Grade Only)
23rd: Career Magnet 8th Grade Class Day 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
24th: Alg I EOC
25th: The WIZ of Oz 6pm
26th: The WIZ of Oz 6pm
27th: Montessori Moving up Ceremony/Drive-Thru 1pm
31st: 8th Grade Promotion/Drive-Thru (Traditional/Career Magnet) 10 am
1st: Laptop Field Day
3rd: Last Day of School for Students 12pm Dismissal