WABE Quarterly Newsletter May 2022
Washington Association for Bilingual Education
WABE Regional Representatives Announced
WABE Regional Representatives serve two-year terms. Each region has two seats and every year one of those seats is up for election. Voting took place during the April 28-30 Annual WABE Conference and the results were:
- Northeast Region: Alberto Granados
- Northwest Region: Jill Weseman Klune
- Southeast Region: Dr. Rob Darling
- Southwest Region: Karen Wilson
Comisión Nacional de Libros de Texto Gratuitos - National Commission for Free Textbooks
Click here to access hundreds of free virtual Spanish stories and textbooks, courtesy of the gobierno de México.
Other News / PD / Collaboration Opportunities Happening Across the State and Nation
- OSPI: May 19 Multilingual Learners with Disabilities Webinar 1-3pm
- OSPI's May 6 Multilingual Education Program updates
- June 3-day CAL Institute: Language and Literacy Instruction for Spanish/English Emergent Bilingual Learners
- Click here to receive the Center for Applied Linguistics' newsletter
- ATDLE's Resources, News and Publications page
- Click here to access Dual Language Education New Mexico (DLENM) newsletters
Recent Multilingual News, Research, Posts...
- What you need to know about languages in education
- As bilingual programs expand, let's keep an eye on equity for English learners
- The Benefits of Oral History Projects for Multilingual Learners
- New right to education report reveals measures taken by countries to expand linguistic diversity in education
- Dual Language Learners Toolkit
- Toward Comprehensive Effective Literacy Policy and Instruction for English Learner/Emergent Bilingual Students
- THE OPPORTUNITY MYTH -What Students Can Show Us About How School Is Letting Them Down...And How To Fix It.
Have anything to contribute? Suggestions?
If you have something you'd like to include in our WABE newsletter, an article you've published, research that impacted your craft, an event you would like to promote, please submit it here for consideration.