Henry Moss Middle School
EMPOWERING STUDENTS TO TO LEAD, LEARN, & BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
Mrs. Moss Visits HMMS
Some Henry F. Moss Middle School students were able to learn first-hand about the man for whom the school is named when Geneva Moss visited the school November 9 to unveil a long-lost military bracelet worn by her late husband when he served in the Army during World War II.
Geneva Moss brought the bracelet and other historical items to share with the students. The bracelet was found 10 years ago by Nicolas Hanquier, a Frenchman who uses a metal detector to search for artifacts. He used Facebook to get in touch with Thomas Moss, a grandson of Henry F. and Geneva Moss who was serving in the military.
Geneva Moss showed the bracelet and other memorabilia to a small group of Moss students and gave them some history about her husband, who was an educator after his Army days who later served on the Warren County Board of Education from 1973 until 1992. Henry F. Moss, who participated in five major European battles during World War II, was school board chairman for 14 years.
Accompanying Geneva Moss on her visit to the school were two of her sons -- Dr. William Moss and retired educator Edwin Moss -- and son-in-law Steve Ayers, along with grandson Thomas Moss.
Read the BG Daily News Article here!
We will travel to the 3rd Annual Wildcat Challenge on November 14 in Edmonson County. If you see an Academic Team member, wish them luck!
Country Peddler Design an Ad
Armin M., Micaylah H., Jude R., Erna O., Hser Rey T., Alex R., Stephanie R., Adna M., Thalia R., Leandro B., Athena D., Jahfi J., Emme C., Alija M.
Gifted & Talented
Visit the Moss GT website for more information and be sure to flip through the pictures of our WKU field trip on 11/5! www.warrencountyschools.org/olc/teacher.aspx?s=1916
The Basketball teams have started their seasons. Both the boys and girls teams are doing well in their games and are fighting hard. The girls have their first home game Monday, November 16. They will play Russellville at 5:30. Please come out and support them. Basketball schedules may be picked up in the office.
Family Resource Youth Service Center
Youth Service Center News
Lynn Vincent, Coordinator
Lynn.Vincent@warren.kyschools.us or 270-843-2172
Red Ribbon Week was October 26-30 and it was a huge success! The student Lighthouse team and STLP members planned activities, made videos, and presented a skit about drug and alcohol prevention. We also had guest speakers from WKU women's basketball team. If there is anything I can do to guide you in getting help for your teen or someone else with drug or alcohol use, please contact me. I have a list of resources that can help.
HMMS/RES Advisory Council will have a meeting December 3rd at Rafferty's at 5 pm. This is our annual Christmas meeting where we get together and celebrate the Holidays. If you would like to be a member of this council, please let me know.
School Smiles, a dental health program will be at Moss Monday, November 16th. If you are interested in having your child be seen at a later date, please let me know.
Winter Gear The Youth Service Center is looking for gently used or new winter coats for our students. If you have any to donate, please let me know. We could also use gloves and toboggans.
Letters About Literature Writing Competition
Turn in entries to Mrs. Hale by Wednesday, December 2
You can download the new entry guidelines at this Library of Congress link:
Kentucky Secretary of State Slogan Contest
Turn in entries to Mrs. Hale by Tuesday, January 12
Monday, November 30
- Boys Basketball vs Franklin Simpson, 5:30 pm (conference game)
- Girls Basketball @ Franklin Simpson, 5:30 pm
Tuesday, December 1
- Boys Basketball vs Bowling Green, 5:30 pm
- Girls Basketball @ Bowling Green, 5:30 pm
Wednesday, December 2
- Regional STLP Competition
Thursday, December 3
- Academic Team vs BGJHS, time TBA
- Boys Basketball vs Christian County, 5:30 pm
- Girls Basketball @ Christian County, 5:30 pm
Friday, December 4
- Winter Dance, 5-7 pm
Saturday, December 5
- Dragon Band Marches in Christmas Parade
Tuesday, December 8
- Dragon Choir performance at the Old Court House
- Academic Team @ Barren, time TBA
- Boys & Girls Basketball vs St. Joseph, 5:30 pm (7th grade only)
Wednesday, December 9
- Strings perform at Colonial Center
- Boys Basketball @ Warren East, 5:30 pm
- Girls Basketball vs Warren East, 5:30 pm
Thursday, December 10
- WCPS Holiday Open House @ Central Office, 2:30-5 pm
Saturday, December 12
- Strings All District Tryouts @ Barren County Middle School
Monday, December 14
- Boys Basketball vs South Warren, 5:30 pm (conference game)
- Girls Basketball @ South Warren, 5:30 pm
Tuesday, December 15
- Band, Choir & Strings Concert, 6 pm
- Girls Basketball @ Drakes Creek, 5:30 pm
Thursday, December 17
- Academic Team @ Caverna, time TBA
- Boys Basketball vs Olmstead, 5:30 pm
- Girls Basketball @ Olmstead, 5:30 pm
Thursday, January 7
- Boys Basketball @ Allen County, 5:30 pm (conference game)
- Girls Basketball vs Allen County, 5:30 pm
Monday, January 11
- Boys Basketball @ Bowling Green, 5:30 pm (conference game)
- Girls Basketball vs Bowling Green, 5:30 pm
Tuesday, January 12
- Boys Basketball @ Glasgow, 5:30 pm
Thursday, January 14
- Boys Basketball vs Drakes Creek, 5:30 pm
- Girls Basketball SKMAC Make-up, time TBA
Saturday, January 16
- Boys Basketball SKMSAC 7th Grade Tournament, time TBA
- Girls Basketball 7th Grade Tournament, time TBA
Tuesday, January 19
- Boys Basketball @ Christian County, 5:30 pm
- Girls Basketball vs Christian County, 5 pm
Thursday, January 21
- Boys & Girls Basketball @ St. Joseph, 5:30 pm (8th grade only)
Saturday, January 23
- Boys Basketball SKMSAC 8th Grade Tournament, time TBA
- Girls Basketball 8th Grade Tournament, time TBA
Tuesday, March 1
- Community Council Meeting @ South Warren High School, refreshments 8:30 am & meeting 9 am
Tuesday, March 22
- Community Council Meeting @ Warren East High School, refreshments 8:30 am & meeting 9 am