By: LeiAnnah Minter and Tyler Bowman
Renewable or Nonrenewable
- Coal is a nonrenewable resource
- It can only be used once
- A limited supply
THREE MAJOR TYPES OF COAL
- often referred to as brown coal
- it's a soft brown combustible sedimentary rock that is formed from naturally compressed peat
- is a hard, compact variety of coal that has a high luster
- It has the highest carbon content the fewest impurities, and the highest calorific content of all three.
- Coal was first found 3,000 years ago in China and was discovered much later in other countries, including the United States
- United States started using Coal as an energy resource in the early 1300's
What are the Major uses of Coal?
- It's used in steel work production
- Used for electric power
- Also used in transportation issues because it's easier
Why should we use Coal?
- Coal is a clean burning fuel
- It heats well and keeps a concise temperature
- Coal is found in the United States, also easy to get