By: Sophie, Mckenzie, Elayna
Freestyle skiing notes
-Canada got four gold medals, four silver medals, and one bronze medal. Canada placed in first.
-The United States got three gold medals, two silver medals, and two bronze medals. The United states placed in second.
-Belarus got two gold medals, zero silver medals, and zero bronze medals. Belarus placed third
-France got one gold medal, two silver medals, and two bronze medals. France placed fourth.
-Australia got one silver medal, and one bronze medal. Australia placed fifth.
-China got one silver medals, and one bronze medal.
- Japan got one bronze medal and placed in sixth.
-Russia got one bronze medal. Russia placed seventh
- Head and chest should face the finish line at all times while their hips and legs turn
- Skiers wear colored knee patches to help the judges score
- Time, turns, style and air determine the winner
The setup of the course has some specific rules as well.
- An Olympic moguls course is usually about 250 meters or almost the length of three football fields
- Skiers are traveling 15 to 20 feet per second
- The moguls course is separated by 2 jumps or kickers roughly 2-feet high
- Competitors perform tricks to accumulate more points
2) ski poles- to help maintain balance
3) ski wear- t the color of skiwaer is to show contrast so that they stand out to judges.
4) boots -to provide sufficient support to allow an athletes boots to with stand force of impact
5) helmet - made of stiff-plastic to protect athletes head