September 8, 2020
Hello King Families!
We hope this update finds you well!
We are pleased to write with further clarity on the remote learning experience for your children. Educators have worked tirelessly over the last 5 DESE days to grow their "educator toolbox", engaging in workshops and collaborative discussions on social-emotional wellness, instructional design, equity, and technology tools.
Priorities this week will expand to include a focus on family outreach for every educator. You can expect your child's teacher to reach out to you via phone or video conference (using google meet) to allow for introductions and engage in conversations about the beginning of the school year.
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
In this update you will find:
- links for grade level schedules for remote learning
- School-wide schedule
- a list of the technology tools being used with elementary students this year
- photos of some of our staff and classrooms
- important dates
SCHOOL SCHEDULE BY GRADE
**Click on the buttons below for grade level specific schedules.
Technology and Learning Platforms for Remote Learning
Google Classroom: Students and educators will be using Google Classroom in all grade levels as their "remote classroom". Educators are busy creating these virtual classrooms now and will share classroom codes with families shortly.
Google Meets: Students and educators will be using Google Meets for video conferences throughout the school day.
In addition, there are consistent instructional programs being used by our students and educators this year. Here is a complete list for your reference.
Here is a resource created by educators around the globe for families!
IMPORTANT DATES: September and October
- 9th- Distribution Day for Students (Chromebooks, supplies)
- 16th- First Day of School (remotely for all students)
- 18th - Early Release @12:55pm: Rosh Hashanah
- 28th - No School: Yom Kippur
- 29th- School Council Meeting 3:50-4:40pm
- 6th- Tentative Return to the Building for students with Highest Needs
- 9th - No School: (PD)
- 12th- No School: Indigenous Peoples' Day
- 15th, 22nd, 29th- Early Release @12:55pm: Parent Conferences
- 20th- Curriculum Night/Open House 6:30-8:00PM
- 26th- Tentative Return to the Building for students with High Needs