Moreau Heights Elementary
Giving our students HOPE for a better tomorrow one skill at a time!
Our PBS lesson will complete our work on understanding our school pledge.
Our Second Steps lesson this week.
All grade levels have a focus on Learning.
Kindergarten- Self-Talk for Staying on Task
1st grade - Self-Talk for Learning
2nd grade - Being Assertive
3rd grade - Planning to Learn
4th grade - Respecting Similarities and Differences
5th grade - Predicting Feelings
Character Trait for September is Respect
Conscious Discipline Connection
There are "How To" suggestions and videos to show what it looks like.
Look also at the "Free Resources" link to see what you might want to print off or review for FREE!
Have a colleague who you would like to see recognized for making a positive difference? Here is the link to complete a nomination.
PBIS Intervention Ideas
Review Classroom Expectations and Procedures
Great ideas worth considering!
This list of strategies was generated by members of our staff to be implemented when students are struggling in the classroom. -WE HAVE CONTROL OF OURSELVES AND THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WE CREATE
Duties for the Week
Gym - Reece and Watson
Cafe - Yaeger and Ries
Collect students from the gym at 7:45
Staff Survey - Complete
If you have NOT completed this survey, please do so.
If you have not received this in your inbox, please search your trash and spam.
If you need help, please let me know.
Calendar of Events
Monday, September 17
*Grade level Literacy Discussions during plan times
*Leadership Team mtg 3:45
Tuesday, September 18
*PTO Pizza Fundraiser Kick-off
*1st grade lit training 12:00 - 3:00
*Tier 2 mtg 3:45
Wednesday, September 19
*JEPD for grades 2 and 4
Thursday, September 20
Friday, September 21
- 8:30 for grades 3-5
- 9:40 for grades k-2
Monday, September 24
*5th grade Outdoor Ed Day
*Principal PLC (1-3)
*PBS team mtg 3:45 - 4:45
Tuesday, September 25
*JEPD to work on CFA2 for grades 3 and 1
*School Culture mtg 3:45 - 4:45
*JCPS Foundation Gala
Wednesday, September 26
*Specials Collaboration 7:45 - 8:15
*Early Dismissal - students dismissed at 1:15
*Staff PD/Staff mtg from 1:45 - 4:45
Thursday, September 27
Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29
*PTO Pumpkin and Mums Sale
School Culture Survey - Grades 3-5
Important Keys to Keep Us On Track
- Four square, the rocks and kickball are our areas with the greatest issues thus far.
- There should be at least one person supervising the fort, swing and rock area.
- There should be at least one person supervising the blacktop area.
- If you are on duty and not supervising effectively when an issue occurs you can be liable.
- Blow the whistle to line up 1-2 minutes before the end of recess time.
2. Passes are needed when students are in the hall. We are seeing more students with these consistently, so thank you. This also helps us to easily determine when a student is NOT to be out of the room. Again, restroom breaks are done as a class and bathroom passes are for emergencies only.
3. Deliberately locking the classroom door so that students cannot enter is NOT helpful, unless there is a safety risk. This escalates behaviors and further damages the relationship between student and adult - lack of connection contributes to problematic behaviors.
- Having doors locked also creates a problem when students return from a chill spot, since you will have to pause instruction to let them in. This creates more opportunity for behavior problems among other students.
This is the link to a revised communication log for your team collaboration. The expectation is that your team will complete each week.
1. Grades/scores need to be entered into Infinite Campus by Tuesday of each week. If you need assistance with Infinite Campus, talk to Danielle McGeorge.
2. If you are needing headphones for students, send home a reminder note to families so they are aware that we use them for instruction and assessment. If you are still in need after sending home an additional note, please let us know and we will see how we can help out.
3. Kelly Services number is 1-866-535-5998. Calls need to be made before 6:15 AM. Send Sue a text (573-230-8651) if you are getting a sub along with the confirmation number.
Data in a Snapshot
This is where our students begin relative to their end of the year expectations for their grade level.