November 17, 2015
- Staff Meeting/PD Schedule:
8:30-9:00- Staff Meeting- Please arrive promptly.
9:00-12:00- Intruder Training- Please remember, if you are unable to attend this for ANY reason you must choose a training at another building. Please inform me of the location.
1:00-1:50- Conscious Discipline with CD Leaders -MPR
2:00-3:00 Certified Staff -STEAM PD in Room 6
Non-Certified Staff- Paraprofessional Forum - MPR
- Teacher of the Year & Support Staff of the Year- Applications are now open and can be found online. Melissa McConnnell and Kathy Muder have sent out reminders that include the forms. They can also be found on the district website. Please share this in your communication with parents. Kathy has also placed paper nomination forms up front. Turn all forms into Kathy Muder.
- Polar Express Schedule:
Friday, Dec 18- Full-Time Care & CCC 9:00-10:40
Monday, Dec 21- Rooms 6, 7 & 8 AM- 9:00-10:40 PM 1:00-2:40
Tuesday, Dec 22- Rooms 4, 5, 11 & 12 AM 9:00-10:40 PM 1:00-2:40
Rooms 9 & 10 join in where you wish. :)
- Belton Educational Foundation Grant- Grant season is OPEN! If you are considering applying for a grant for an innovative classroom or building project, now is the time. As always, I encourage our staff to GO for this as it has provided Grace with some pretty amazing opportunities in the past. Ivy Nelson has offered to help with innovative technology ideas, if you're interested. Below is a link for the application.
Deadline- February 9, 2016 4:00 pm
Grants awarded on March 15, 2016.
- Belton Canvas iBSDpd- Is now OPEN! Please take a moment to login in and make sure you are able to get started. If you have any issues please reach out to Ivy Nelson ASAP.
- Winter Wonderland- Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 5 from 9-11. Don't forget to hand out the Winter Wonderland flyer Joanie sent out.
~ Modules Open- October 16, 7am
~ Completion Deadline- April 15, 11:59pm
- Angel Tree (Adopt-A-Family)- Families and staff are welcome to keep one ornament and write their name on the back of the other and turn it into Joanie. All gifts will be turned in to Success by Six unwrapped with the ornament tapped on top.
~December 1- All remaining ornaments will be given to Junior National Honor Society @ Mill Creek
~December 18- All gifts delivered to families
- Character Education Bulletin Board- Don't forget to post a few pictures of your students showing good character with a description of what they're doing. Remember, we will be focusing on the four building blocks at Grace- COURAGE, RESPECT, CARING and RESPONSIBILITY. Rooms 4 & 8 you are up for the month of DECEMBER!
- Mantle Duty for December- Room 7 & 8
- Dental Screenings- ALL students will be screened. We must receive parent/guardian consent in order for them to receive the fluoride application. Permission slips should have already gone home. Please turn these into Sarah on Friday, December 4th. Screenings will take place on - January 20 from 9-11 & 1-3 (a more detailed schedule TBD)
- Secret Snowflake due THIS THURSDAY, November 19.
NEW IMMUNIZATION GUIDELINES
Please include the following FYI in your next classroom newsletter as the state is now requiring that we inform the parents of this option. This has also been added to our parent handbook.
FYI: Parents may request notice of whether there are children currently enrolled in or attending the facility for whom an immunization exemption has been filed.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- November 20- Grace Professional Development
- November 25-27 No School- Thanksgiving Break
- November 30- No School-District Professional Development
- December 5- Winter Wonderland 9-11
- December 7- Tornado Drill 10:30
- December 11- Fire Drill 9:30
- December 23-31- NO SCHOOL Winter Break
- November 23- Megan Carroll
- November 30- Paula Glaser
- December 10- Kathy Muder
- December 11- Brenda Stoddard
- December 12- Janet Greenleaf & Tiffany Parks
- December 15- Mary St. Helene
- December 17- Sandie Nagy
- December 25- Connie French
- December 27- Melissa Gillen
- December 30- Jackie Hardee
- THANK YOU to Rooms 1, 2, 3 and floaters for a WONDERFUL Taco Bar. We appreciate the hard work and yummy food!
- SHOUT OUT to our upcoming PD presenters! We are very lucky to have such gracious staff members who take the time to prepare and present professional development to our Grace family. Your hard work does not go unnoticed and we appreciate YOU!
- Thank you to our wonderful PAT staff for planning and providing Play Groups for our families. These are proving to be hit for our families!