Ms. Sizemore's Class News
June 5, 2016
- Monday, June 6- Class Potluck 5:00-6:30
- Tuesday, June 7- Game Day Class Celebration
- Tuesday, June 7- Tailgate Market 1:30-4:30
- Wednesday, June 8- Last Day of School; Early Release @ 12:30
We hope everyone can come to the EOY class potluck Monday evening. We will have some entertainment, enjoy some food and honor each of the students. Here is a link to sign up for food. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c48aea82aa6f49-class/40756923
IDES Tailgate Market
To learn about entrepreneurship in a market economy, students have been organizing a tailgate market to benefit the IDES Learning Garden and provide scholarships to Camp Greenville. Students can bring some money in an envelope to spend. Because we are walking next door, students will need a signed permission slip to participate. If you can volunteer, please let me know. It would be great if a few kids can stay to help with the market after the official school day has ended. If you are on Facebook, please share the event on your timeline. https://www.facebook.com/events/562085673995531/
As many of you know, I have been given the opportunity to travel to South Africa with a group of 30 other educators from across North Carolina as part of a program called Go Global NC. This week, I will spend a little time talking to the kids about South Africa and will share a link to the blog students can follow while I am on my trip. We will have the opportunity to visit 6 very different schools while we are traveling. One of the schools we will visit serves children who have been orphaned. Our group is collecting items for the school- such as school supplies, clothes, art supplies, books and toys. I will be collecting items until I leave on June 17, if you would like to make a donation.
Field Day Fun
- Thanks to Maya's family, Garrison's family and Myles' family for providing snack the past three weeks.
- Thanks for helping with breakfast during EOG testing. The kids were thrilled with it!
- Thanks to Stephanie (Ella's mom), Jennifer (Temoc's mom), Charlotte (Maya's mom) and Lorne (Gabriella's dad) for walking with us to Pack Library.
- Thanks to Amy (Stella's mom) for making sun prints with the kids.
- Thanks to Bonnie (Nora's mom) for organizing the class potluck.
- Thanks to Paul (Amy's dad) for helping with packing.
- Thanks to Amanda (Myles' mom) for coming to talk to the kids about her trip to Nicaragua.