The Week Ahead Memo

State Road Elementary School

Monday, May 23, 2016

Events This Week!


Congratulations!!! (With the exception of a few make-ups to do this week) WE are DONE with the NWEA and M-STEP!!! Thank you all for your help, cooperation, and patience with the computer lab, chromecarts, and specials schedule the past few weeks! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Grade Level ELA Meetings

The Grade 3-5 ELA Meetings are this week. Grade 3 is this morning, grade 4 is Tuesday morning, and grade 5 is Tuesday afternoon.

Staff Meeting

Our May Staff Meeting is tomorrow morning, Tuesday, May 24 beginning at 7:35am in the Media Center. Snacks will be ready by 7:30am! (Grade 4 will be able to leave early for their ELA Meeting).

Extra Recess

The EXTRA RECESS for Tiger Ticket Winners is tentatively scheduled for this Wednesday, May 25 at 2pm (depending on the weather). The list of students is in the calendar invite. Students that still have a certificate can just bring it out to me when the extra recess starts.

School Improvement Team Meeting

Our next School Improvement Team Meeting is this Thursday, May 26 beginning at 7:30am in the media center. All are invited to attend!

Admin Shadow

Mrs Lisa Wissinger, a teacher from Grand Blanc, will be shadowing me for the day on Thursday, May 26 as part of her GISD Administrator Leadership Academy Training. Please help me welcome Lisa to State Road when you see her on Thursday!

Leo's Family Night!

This Thursday, May 26 is our next LEO'S FAMILY NIGHT for State Road from 5-8pm at the Leo's Coney Island on Silver Lake Road! Please help remind your students of this great fundraiser throughout the week! Thank you to 5th grade for hosting this Thursday!

No School!

In case you just didn't know that we had a 3 day weekend coming up, but just in case... There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day! Enjoy your long weekend!!!

Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible!

Please continue to make the extra effort to promote, practice, and model our Daily Affirmation of being Safe, Respectful, and Responsible. Please continue to escort your students to/from Specials and remind them of our shared expectations while working independently in the halls or travelling with a friend to other locations throughout the building. Thank you all for your continued help with this!


I will be out of the building:

Monday afternoon for Ad Council

Wednesday morning (1/2 day) for DSIC at the Board Office


I will be emailing out your Summative Evaluations on Monday or Tuesday of this week. As a reminder, there are two scores that create a total. The first score I will have listed on your eval which is the 75% for the 5D+ Rubric. The other 25% is for Student Growth that you will then bring with you when we meet. When you receive your Summative Eval, please send me an email with a few good days/times that you would like to meet for our Summative Eval Meeting.

Finally, please be respectful of others as we go through this process again this year. Please don't ask to know someone else's score... It's just not your business and can create a negative culture that we don't need as we wrap up another great school year! :-)

Culture of Learning

Big image

Quote of the week...

Big image

What's Happening Next Week?

  • No School on Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
  • Tiger Leadership teacher grants due on Tuesday, May 31


  • AR Prize Day is Tuesday, June 7
  • Hungry Howie's Pizza Night is Thursday, June 9
  • Field Day is Friday, June 10