May 14, 2021
Dates to Remember
05/19 - First Grade Safety Day
05/19 - Yearbook Signing Day (During Specials)
05/20 - Kindergarten Graduations
05/21 - Paws for Pride on the announcements - Wear GREEN for Resilience
05/21 - Field Day (During Specials)
05/24 - Field Day (During Specials)
05/25 - Field Day (During Specials)
05/25 - TWHS Graduation
05/26 - Last Day of School - Early Dismissal 12:10 PM
05/26 - Fourth Grade Clap Out (Families Invited - Specifics to Come)
Volunteers Needed for field day
Friday, May 21, Monday, May 24 & Tuesday, May 25 (Grand Finale Celebration on Tuesday)
All Field Day activities will take place during your child’s specials block
9:00-9:57 Fourth Grade
10:02-10:59 Third Grade
11:09-12:06 First Grade
1:42-2:39 Second Grade
Please have your child prepared with the following for all three days:
Dress comfortably with tennis shoes
Extra set of clothes in backpack
Water bottle labeled with their first name and at least last initial
Sun Protection (hat, sunglasses, or any other needs to keep them comfortable)
Apply sunscreen BEFORE they come to school - We are not able to apply sunscreen
Please have your child prepared with all of the above PLUS A BEACH TOWEL for Tuesday’s Grand Finale celebration (water games and Kona Ice included on this day)
All students (in person/online) will be participating all three days during their specials block. We will have two rotations each day for Friday and Monday in which students will explore a total of four different areas of games, challenges, and free play. Tuesday includes a Tug of War contest among grade level classes, Kona Ice, water games, chalk and bubbles, and music. A banner will be awarded to the winning class of each grade level in the Tug of War contest. Friday and Monday activities will be located on the field, side patio, bus ramp, and the gym. Tuesday activities will all take place outside on the bus ramp.
Volunteer Sign Up:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f45a9ae2aa57-thursday
All volunteers must check in at the front office for your badge. Once checked in, go outside through the Kindergarten courtyard and around to the outdoor classroom to check in with Specials and receive your assignment. Arrive in time for both check ins and to receive your assignment with instructions.
Donations Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f45a9ae2aa57-donations
It’s going to be a great few days! Thank you for helping us celebrate!
-The Specials Team (Mrs. Roberson, Mrs. Renetzky, Mrs. Beardsley, Mr. Smith)
CISD Police Department Reminder
A few friendly reminders in regards to school zone safety and car rider drop off safety:
- Please remember to remind your children NOT to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- Please remember if you are in your car, to wait for the crossing guards not only to cross the children, but for the crossing guards themselves to make it back to the sidewalk.
- Please remember to stay off your cell phones when driving in school zones.
- Please remember their are NO DOGS allowed on school property. This is for your personal liability and the safety of all of our students.
- Please remember there are no U-turns in front of the school.
- Most important, during arrival and dismissal it's right turn only out of the parking lot.
Lost & Found
PreK, K, & New Student Enrollment
CISD Summer School Information
School is almost out, and it is time to think about summer programs. Conroe ISD offers several valuable programs over the summer. Here are a few:
- Students in kindergarten through sixth grade can attend Kids Quest Academic Courses. This program focuses on helping students with skills in their grade level. The cost is $150 per child, and parents must provide transportation.
- Students in second through sixth grades may attend Experiencing Robotics. The cost is $150 per child, and parents must provide transportation.
- Students in kindergarten through second grades are invited to attend Passport to Learning: ESL. This program is by invitation only due to the limited number of spots available. If you are interested in this program, please contact your child’s teacher.
You can find more information for all of these programs, including information regarding registration, at https://www.conroeisd.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Summer-School-2021.pdf (English version) or https://www.conroeisd.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Summer-School-2021-Spanish-1.pdf (Spanish Version)
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria. Breakfast and lunch (one each per child each day) are free in the cafeteria this school year.
- Students forgetting a water bottle will be given one at school.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
- Please remember that CISD property is tobacco free. There is no smoking/vaping while on school property. This includes carline.
Important Websites -
ParentAccess Center Account
Conroe ISD Website:
Conroe ISD Volunteer Online Application:
Online Lunch Accounts:
Conroe ISD Transportation:
2021-2022 CISD School Calendar
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
All medications signed into the clinic for the 2020-2021 school year must be picked up by Wednesday, May 26th. Medications must be picked up by a parent/guardian or designated adult. No medication can be sent home with the student on the school bus. No medication is stored in the clinic over the summer. Any medication not picked up by Weds, May 26, 2021, will be discarded.
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
In our counseling lessons this month, we are talking about personal and Internet safety. Please see resources below to continue the discussion at home with your student. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need additional resources.
Monday, May 10, 2021
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Friday, May 14, 2021
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
Join Us TONIGHT for the PTO's Spring Fling
Food Trucks ▪ Kona Ice ▪ DJ ▪ Picnic Games ▪ Children’s Raffle
When: TONIGHT ▪ 5:00 to 7:30 pm
Where: Bush Elementary parking lot & Alden Bridge sports field
Entry is Free.
A portion of the proceeds of your food truck purchases will go to Bush.
Creole ▪ BBQ ▪ Mexican ▪ Chick-fil-A ▪ Kona Ice
Bring a picnic blanket and/or camping chairs!
Children Raffle: Kindle Fire ▪ Hoverboard ▪ Arts & Craft Basket ▪ Family Game Basket ▪ 3 Giant Plush Animals ▪ Air Hockey Table ▪ Remote Controlled Truck
Available Now: A limited amount of 20-21 Yearbooks for $40 Cash Only. Sold on a first come basis until supply is gone. Must purchase in person at the Bush front office. No reservations/holds. Purchase by the 18th to have it in time for yearbook signing day.
Join the Team!
Parliamentarian: This position ensures that the PTO bylaws are being followed by the board and assists the board on questions of parliamentary procedure. This position also heads up the Nominating Committee when recruiting the new Executive Board (which occurs in the spring). It is important that this person is able to attend the monthly board meetings to be able to oversee them.
Marquee Coordinator: This position works with our front office staff to update the marquee as needed. It typically involves working once a week, but can be more when there is a birthday to be added or PTO Spirit nights. This position can be shared by two people.
Academic Outreach: This position is responsible for working with teachers and Dr. Lambert to find ways in which the PTO can enhance academic learning at Bush through bringing in fun and exciting outside organizations that support the curriculum. This position will also help assist in the new Team Scholarship program that will be initiated next year to help support the Grade Level and Specials Teams with additional curriculum based “extra” programs/projects they want to bring to their students.
Bobcat Bonanza Committee: Committee members would help in planning the Spring Bonanza. Including wristband and raffle ticket sales, games, food and drink, children’s raffle, silent auction, entertainment and facility preparation.
Yearbook Team: Helps with the production of the yearbook, including photography, design, editing and distribution.
Email Caitlin at President@BushPTO.com, if interested.
Pre-orders are now available for 2021-2022 School Supplies
Order Securely Online Starting Now thru June 1st. Late orders start June 2nd - June 27th
2. Enter the school ID, BUS010 (3 letters/3 numbers)
3. Follow the directions to complete your order.
4. Keep your online confirmation as your receipt. Orders will be charged tax at checkout.
School supplies will be delivered to classrooms prior to the first day of school. This is NOT a fundraiser and the list comes directly from your child's teacher.
In celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week, the Bobcat community quickly donated the funds to honor Barbara Bush staff members with Chill milkshakes on Wednesday, May 5, and tacos from Moyz Street Food Truck on Friday, May 7th. Your PTO sincerely appreciates every one of your generous donations! You can see the smiles in their eyes!!
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.