2. He had a six toed cat.
3. He was married four time and divorced three times.
4. He killed himself with his favorite shotgun from Abercrombie and Fitch.
5. He has survived two plane crashes.
7. During his life, Hemingway survived exposure to anthrax, malaria, skin cancer, and pneumonia. He lived through diabetes, a ruptured kidney, hepatitis, a ruptured spleen, a fractured skull, and a crushed vertebra.
8. As a boy, he was dressed in girls’ clothing by his mother and referred to as ‘Ernestine’.
9. He wanted to fight in WWI but was denied due to his eye sight, but he convinced the military to make him an ambulance driver, but was injured by mortar fire.
10. He was accused of war crimes after WWII.
Even More Facts:
12. In his later years the FBI did surveillance on him.
13. He attended multiply fights a year.
14. James Joyce would get into bar fights and then have Hemingway beat the person up.
15. His daily word count was kept on a slab of cardboard on his wall.
Just a Little Bit More Facts:
17. He liked to fish.
18. He liked to hunt.
19. Hemingway patrolled the Cuban coast, hunting for Nazi U-boats with grenades and his machine gun.
20. On fishing trips, Hemingway would gun down sharks with a machine gun.