Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
By: Kristina Burkhart
What is Recycling?
Recycling is the process of making or manufacturing new products from a product that has already served its purpose.
- The US has the most pounds of trash per person per day.
- Aluminum cans can be recycled with little to no loss of quality.
- The energy saved by recycling one glass bottle would run a computer for 30 mins.
- Every year, Americans use 1 billion sho[pping bags, creating 300,000 tons of landfill waste.
Ways to Reduce and Reuse Waste Materials from Home
- Avoid packaging when possible. Use your own reusable containers.
- Use products you already have for household chores.
- Buy the large economy-sized items instead of the individually wrapped items.
- Buy items in reusable containers, in concentrate or in bulk.
Cool Ways to Make Things out of Trash
- Turn chipped tea glasses into pin coushions or candle holders.
- Scratched CDs can be used as dresser dividers if the holes are cut bigger.
- Worn out books can be used as e-reader cases.
- Broken galss can be used to make mosaic patterns on picture frames.