The Big Learning Project
What do you think?
The Sheffield College transforms lives by offering outstanding education and training.
Strategic Aims this project aligns with:
- We will have the right people, with the right skills, in the right place. They will be well supported and treated fairly. Their achievements will be recognised and rewarded (People).
- We will provide an inspirational, efficient and effective curriculum (Quality).
Information- The Context
Ofsted’s recent visit highlighted that our learners are developing excellent employability skills that will help them to progress into their future careers. This is evidence of strong subject specialist knowledge across the college and we should maintain this through continued industry updating, subject specialist events and links with employers.
Ofsted also highlighted that the key area for development is teaching & learning.
Ofsted also observed that although there is great practice in some parts of the college, we haven't been brilliant at sharing this.
So what can we do to address these things?
Activity 1- Research
Your challenge is to find what some of the observations, evidence or recommendations are. Share what you discover on our research wall by clicking the link below and then double-clicking anywhere on the page to post what you've found:
- A relevant and personalised journey
- A starting point that's all about the learners
- Development that's filled with choice and variety
- Opportunity for collaboration with colleagues
- Space and time for reflection on your practice
Activity 2- Video
Activity 3- Feedback
Thank you in advance for your time!