The Weekly Newsletter
Important updates and News 08/12/2023
Week 1 - Fall Semester
It is my honor to serve as a Principal Teacher at STEM Academy of Hollywood for the 2023-24 school year and I look forward to the opportunity to work alongside our school community.
It is my goal to support our school community in sustaining the excellence STEM Academy has built. One of the most important aspects of my role as your principal will be to continue building strong relationships with students, staff, and families. Together, we will nurture our school environment so that our students feel confident, supported, and prepared to meet the demands of high school and the post-secondary life.
The first day of school is Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:30 a.m.
See below for exciting news, announcements and opportunities.
Marly Escobar Suarez
Important Announcements for Families and Students
- All students will begin school on Monday, August 14th at 8:30 AM BUT they are expected to arrive and enter campus through the gate on Wilton Street at 8 AM.
- Check the Bell Schedule for the 2023-2024 School Year
- All students will receive their class schedules the first day of school in Advisory or can see their courses in Schoology.
- Advisory rosters will be posted on the 4th floor the first day of school.
- STEM lanyard and ID is MANDATORY at all times on campus.
- Athletes make sure you are cleared by Mr. Finch in order to participate in your sport.
- Seniors sign up for your senior portrait!
- Students - we are family - keep each other safe, See Something? Say Something! by talking to an adult right away or filling out this anonymous form on our website.
- Families - want to leave us feedback? Have a non-urgent question? Use the Parent Feedback Form on our Website!
Not Getting Phone and Text Notifications?
Parents and employees can choose to Opt back into receiving Outreach (general) messages by calling (855) 502-7867 from any phone number that was previously Opted-Out.
Opportunities & News!
News for Teachers and Staff
Announcements for Teachers and Staff
- Welcome to a Successful New School Year!
- Please enforce hall pass rules - One student per pass, sign-out for a pass, wear your lanyard & ID, and no hall passes in the first or last 10 minutes of class!
- Teachers must sign in at the STEM office first thing in the morning and before 8:05 am to ensure compliance with the EWA.
- Don't forget to wear your lanyard and ID at all times when you are on campus, please also enforce this rule for all your students, especially when they ask to use the pass to exit your room for any reason.
- Take accurate attendance in each class within the first 10 minutes. Indicate the time of arrival for those students who are tardy and have students sign in using this form.
- Useful faculty links are on our website HERE.