NMS Math PLC
November 13, 2014
1. Remember to plan using the backwards design model. Everyone should be in Unit 3 - have your tests been created? Please bring your Unit Overview to planning this week.
2. Remember - track your student data on your data tracking sheets. We will be utilizing them soon to plan for intervention.
3. Page Keeley Chapter 3 reflection - click the link below to submit your response for this week.
4. Reading Assignments for Chapter 4:
Richardson: FACTS 1-7
Hudson: FACTS 8 - 14
HIll: FACTS 15 - 21
Lowe: FACTS 21 - 28
Green: FACTS 29 - 35
Wortham: FACTS 36 - 42
Bell: FACTS 43 - 49
Broom: FACTS 50 - 56
Hoffman: FACTS 56 - 62
Henry: FACTS 63 - 70
Read your FACTS above, and choose 2 that you will present to the group in the future. We will choose presentation dates later.
5. CBA 2 Preview - Due by Friday. There is one recommendation form per grade level, I will place them in the boxes of Hudson, Wortham, Broom, and Hoffman. Preview during the week, meet with your partner, record your recommendations, and return to Ms. Clark by noon on Friday.
During PLC this week we will stay in the Round Room to go over and receive your INOVA data with ELA and SS.
Atmosphere: Relaxed but focused and productive. Student centered.
Productivity: Every PLC or Planning meeting will end in the creation of a product OR a plan for implementation
4 Essential Collaborative Planning Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency