Bridge Valley's News & Notes
July 31, 2014
Classroom Assignments for 14-15
Teacher assignments will be available via Parent Portal tomorrow, August 1st. By now you should have checked to be sure you are registered and ready to log into the system.
Please remember: We will not be honoring requests for changes to your child(ren)’s placement(s).
Feel free to click here for the current staff directory for the 14-15 school year. Please note that some staff have not been finalized as of yet. Changes/additions will be updated on the site as soon as they occur.
Summer Teacher Letters
Teacher letters will be posted on the website, not mailed (some exceptions). After you sign on to Parent Portal to find out student placement(s) on August 1st, you will be able to click on the “Teacher Websites” tab of the BV website to view the teacher’s welcome letter(s). They are posted on each teacher's class webpage. Please note that some of our teachers were only hired as recently as late last week so their websites and letters may still be forthcoming.
Are You Interested in Being a Classroom Coordinator?
Are you interested in being a Classroom Coordinator? We need volunteers to help in our classrooms for parties and grade level events. Please read the following and let us know if you are willing to lend a hand.
As a CC, you provide a valuable service for our school. We appreciate the time and effort you put into this role. Your impact on an individual child, or a group of students, is important. The job of the Classroom Coordinator is to serve as a liaison between the teacher and the volunteers for class events. Your Team Coordinator is available to answer any questions you may have.
Classroom Coordinators are randomly selected to support and assist the teacher in the following ways:
- Develop Party List of Volunteers and send list to Team Coordinator at least one week prior to the party
- Organize parties and send Party Plan and list of volunteers to teacher one week prior to party. The party dates and times for the 2014-2015 school year are as follows:
- Halloween Party – Friday, October 31, 2014.
- Winter Party – Tuesday, December 23, 2014.
- End of Year Party – Last week of school….determined by Grade Level and Classroom Coordinators.
- Organize Classroom Volunteers
- Help to Coordinate Volunteers for building-wide events, when needed
- Assist with coordinating Photographers for events
- Assist teacher with any other requests or needs they may have
- Communicate appropriate information to parents regarding class events
- Coordinate teacher gifts (if/when appropriate)
If you are interested in helping out in your child’s classroom as the Classroom Coordinator, please go to the following link to sign up by TUESDAY, AUGUST 12TH:
Reminders for the Start of the Year...
- The first day of school for students is Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
- On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 we will have our “Kindergarten Welcome” at 1:00PM (for AM Kindergarten) and 2:30PM (for PM Kindergarten) in the school cafeteria. All Bridge Valley kindergarteners are invited to this event. Kindergarten students will meet their teachers, visit their classrooms, and take a practice ride on a school bus. It will last approximately one hour. Please note that this is a kindergarten only event.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 from 3:00PM-5:00PM is also “Visit Bridge Valley Day” for grades 1-6. At this time students and parents will have an opportunity to locate their new classrooms and/or familiarize themselves with the school.
Grade level supply lists are posted on the BV webpage.
Click here to access the page.
Cafeteria Reminder- Cashless Lunches!
Our cafeteria can run more efficiently with a "cashless" lunch line process. Aramark is encouraging families to use myschoolbucks.com to add money to student lunch accounts and also try to have teachers send down any lunch money in an envelope before lunch service each day. We are asking that if you do not use the online myschoolbucks.com payments, that you please submit any money (preferably checks only) in an envelope with your child's name, grade and teacher listed on the front. Your help with this is greatly appreciated and should facilitate a faster lunch line.
For more information, please click here.
Any questions, Aramark can be reached at: 267-893-5750
Applications for free and reduced lunch are available by clicking here.
BV Breakfast Cart - Open to ALL students K-6
We are not permitted to turn students away from the breakfast cart and will serve any child who requests a breakfast, even if they do not have funds in their account. The only way to keep your child from purchasing breakfast is to contact our cafeteria manager, Mrs. Michele Wade, at 267-893-5750. At your request, she can make a note in the account stating that your child is not allowed to purchase breakfast.
Home & School Information
Our officers for the 2014-2015 School Year are as follows:
- Co-Presidents - Mrs. Leigh Vlasblom & Mrs. Kelly Imperato
- Vice-President/Assistant Treasurer - Mrs. Wendy Seiler
- Treasurer - Mrs. Laurie Landis
- Secretary - Mrs. Lanie Sjostedt
- Professional Staff Representative - Mrs. Kate Tate
- Support Staff Representative - Mrs. Stacy Ziska
9/11 Heroes Run
THE 9/11 HEROES RUN UNITES COMMUNITIES INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE GOAL TO NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES OF THE HEROES OF SEPTEMBER 11TH AND IN THE WARS SINCE: VETERAN, FIRST RESPONDER, CIVILIAN, AND MILITARY. JOIN US TO RAISE AWARENESS AND HONOR THE FALLEN.
Please join Central Bucks School District in supporting the 9/11 Heroes Run. Registration is now open for the September 15th event. Doylestown Borough will once again host a 5k and 1 mile fun walk/run to raise support and awareness for all of the heroes of September 11th.
SCHOOL BOARD BRIEFS
At the June 24, 2014 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the June 10, 2014 School Board Minutes. This item will appear again on the July Board Agenda since there were not enough votes for approval due to lack of quorum.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report: A moment of silence was observed for Mr. Ron LaMar, a music teacher in the district who passed away on June 15, 2014. Mr. LaMar taught at CB West and at Tohickon Middle School. Tohickon is planning a remembrance gathering in the fall for Mr. LaMar.
3. Received the Finance Committee, IU Board Committee, and MBIT Committee minutes.
4. Heard the Treasurer’s Report for the month of May 2014. This item will appear again on the July Board Agenda since there were not enough votes for approval due to lack of quorum.
5. Approved the Ratification of Investments for the month of May 2014.
6. Approved BudgetaryTransfers for fiscal year 2013-2014.
7. Approved the transfer of $3,000,000 from the General Fund to the Debt Service Fund.
8. Approved the establishment of a restricted Capital Reserve Account for Food Service and the transfer of $800,000 from the Food Service Fund into this account.
9. Approved a one year contract with Aramark for the 2014-2015 school year.
10. Approved Purchasing Items for Physical Education Uniforms. (Parents pay the district for their child’s physical education uniform).
11. Approved Construction Contracts and Service Agreements as follows:
- S&H Landscaping for tennis court reconstruction at Holicong Middle School in the amount of $267,555 which includes Alternate #1 for LED site lighting.
- Titan Industrial Services for painting at CB West gymnasiums in the amount of $37,912.
- Charles Dectis Painting for power washing and masonry sealing at Jamison Elementary School in the amount of $15,900.
12. Approved School Board Policy 810.3 – Transportation – Video/Audio Recording.
13. Approved various personnel items, tuition student, Foreign Exchange Student, and student trips.
-See more at: http://www.cbsd.org/Page/1485