Updates and Reminders
October 21, 2021
A Few Highlights!
Our Celebration Video 3.0 has been released. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues. Small schools...BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
Please click on the link above to smile and enjoy.
1. We need everyone to continue to do their part in minimizing the spread of Covid-19. Teamwork! Daily health screenings by everyone is imperative. Covid-19 symptomatic individuals or symptomatic individuals for other illnesses need to stay home. Please report absences to our schools.
2. The labor shortage and Covid-19 have impacted our school bus transportation department. We have needed to consolidate bus routes, may need to consolidate further, and may need to eliminate routes. We will need all families to prepare accordingly for alternative transportation in an emergency situation and potentially long-term. We will continue to explore other opportunities associated with school bus transportation (walking zones, parent transportation, etc.). Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated and expected. Please consider joining our transportation team as a bus driver and/or passing along the opportunity to others. The application process and paid training information are available on our website.
3. The federal mandate for public transportation continues requiring all occupants to properly wear a face mask. Students need to provide and wear their own mask on a daily basis. Student compliance is mandatory to continue to ride the school bus and contact tracing has been reduced to a 3 foot radius since all occupants are wearing a mask!
4. Please click on the buttons below for additional information. We aim to keep you informed!
- MCCSC Community Trick or Treat, Tuesday, October 26
- School Board Summary - October 13, 2021
- "Teacher Tuesday" - Christa Gruener, Media Center Specialist, CHS
- Return to Instruction Protocols for the 2021-22 school year
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher, bus driver, or substitute bus driver. We need YOU! Please spread the word!
- MC Plus Information
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- Food Service Updates - FREE breakfast and lunch meals for ALL Students through July 30, 2022!
- 2021-22 Academic Calendar - Revised Approved 6/9/21
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar - Approved 6/9/21
5. The MCCSC School Board meetings will be held at the Administrative Services Center, 6631 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 pm.
We NEED YOU! Please share with others who may be looking for employment, part-time or full time. Four hours per day with an excellent hourly wage and benefits for our bus drivers! Our substitute teachers make $82.50 per day.
CHS Homecoming 2021!
The TRADITION continues!
MC West Outdoor Learning
Learning beyond the school walls!
MC East PreSchool
Our Eagles at the pumpkin patch!
The MCCSC Plan for COVID-19
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
Covid-19 Testing: Test results from a verified site (IDOH/HCHD) or medical providers office will be recognized by MCCSC. Symptomatic individuals should quarantine per CDC/IDOH/HCHD.
Please click on the buttons below for additional information. Be in the KNOW!
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon Recipient
Cascade Middle School - 2021 AMLEA Recipient!
2020 - IMLEA Recipient
LCPS - Inaugural Year 2019
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES