Tech It Out! 1/5/16
This Week: Discovery Ed PD, Google Classroom, GoFormative
Enhance Teaching. Empower Learning.
Lincoln Tech Updates
If you are interested in attending the My DE session, please fill out this Doodle poll. You have until Thursday, January 7 to indicate your availability. I will email interested staff members the session date later this week!
Alice Keeler is a Google guru, and one of her top 10 posts even offers 60 Ways Math Teachers Can Use Google Classroom!
Google Classroom is a great way to organize information in a digital or blended (sometimes digital, sometimes not) classroom. Post & collect assignments, hold group discussions, and more!
Online Assessments: GoFormative
Looking for a new or different way to give online assessments? Try out GoFormative.com!
Some of the features I love about Formative:
- Easy to create, edit, duplicate, and even share assessments with other teachers
- Can upload an already-created test and add digital questions
- See student responses in REAL TIME!
- Certain question types will auto grade, and you can even grade students' short answer questions as they go so you have immediate feedback.
- Can hide student names if you want to grade responses anonymously.
- And so much more!
- ALL learning is Twitter-worthy! Send me pictures or invite me in!
- Have your students created projects we can showcase on the Commons TV? Send it my way!
- Want to learn more about integrating technology in the classroom? Let's schedule a meeting!
- Planning an upcoming lesson you'd like help with? I'm happy to co-plan and co-teach!